CV / SYE control arms

No, you don't need adjustable uppers. They just make the whole process sooooooooo much easier. I say this all the time... After having adjustable upper control arms, there is no way I would ever live without them. You can easily adjust the control arms while the vehicle is on the ground, tires on, everything. Can't do the with the non-adjustable uppers.

But no, you shouldn't need them.

No, you don't need adjustable uppers. They just make the whole process sooooooooo much easier. I say this all the time... After having adjustable upper control arms, there is no way I would ever live without them. You can easily adjust the control arms while the vehicle is on the ground, tires on, everything. Can't do the with the non-adjustable uppers.

I will get them at some point maybe next summer I just don't have the budget to do that too right now. Sounds good, thanks Chris!

I will get them at some point maybe next summer I just don't have the budget to do that too right now. Sounds good, thanks Chris!

Yeah, just get them when you can afford it. Usually you just have to adjust them once and forget it, but when you do need to adjust them, the double adjustable uppers are truly worth the extra money.

Double adjustable uppers. Will do. What brand do you recommend? I like core 4x4 tier 3 arms a lot but they don't have double adjustable uppers. Preferably one with forged Jonny joints but I doubt it really matters that much

Double adjustable uppers. Will do. What brand do you recommend? I like core 4x4 tier 3 arms a lot but they don't have double adjustable uppers. Preferably one with forged Jonny joints but I doubt it really matters that much

I have the Currie double adjustable uppers, and obviously they have Johnny Joints. Savvy makes them with Johnny Joints as well!

Reactions: Tj04
Metal cloak uppers have double adjustable?

I know your a Currie fan boy and I'll never understand it (kidding!)

Metalcloak I don’t know about, but it’s worth checking.

Of course Metalcloak uses the Duroflex joint, not the Johnny Joint. I don’t have any experience with the Duroflex joint, but I am sure it’s okay. Just don’t tell Blaine you’re considering a Duroflex joint over a Johnny Joint. :p

Metalcloak I don’t know about, but it’s worth checking.

Of course Metalcloak uses the Duroflex joint, not the Johnny Joint. I don’t have any experience with the Duroflex joint, but I am sure it’s okay. Just don’t tell Blaine you’re considering a Duroflex joint over a Johnny Joint. :p
Haha will do. I prefer Jonny joints as well but have opinion of the other.

The savvy ones aren't Bad, $285

Haha will do. I prefer Jonny joints as well but have opinion of the other.

The savvy ones aren't Bad, $285

Yes, I would go with the Savvy ones or Currie. Pretty much the same thing, but the Savvy ones look more "bling", which I like.

Metal cloak double adjustable are aluminum as well. I run them with no issues. Makes fine adjustments super easy.
20160702_140156.jpg

So, if you can’t buy all your CA’s at once, what’s the best order to buy them?

Assuming you are doing an SYE/DC, don’t you need the Rear Upper Adjustable’s first? In order to rotate your axle to correct your pinion angle?

What’s the function of the lowers, is it to center the wheel in the wheel well?

Thanks

Technically in his case he may actually never need adjustable uppers right? He could push with the lowers and if everything lines up he is good to go right?

Reactions: Squatch
Technically in his case he may actually never need adjustable uppers right? He could push with the lowers and if everything lines up he is good to go right?

That is true, yes!

Reactions: ac_
Who are y’all talking about?

Ok, I still have the questions in post #15 if anyone cares to answer