Damn I Want One (Jetson Personal Aircraft)

anybody check out the price?

View attachment 286165

It's somehow both more than I expected, and less than I expected. Because I expected it to either be surprisingly affordable or surprisingly overpriced, and it's somehow in between.

Better hurry up though, the first 15 production spots are already taken.
I had the same kind of thought.....Plus $92k to fly for roughly 20 minutes (assuming I'm below 210 lbs). Seems a little absurd to me.

Reactions: Wildman

View attachment 286165

It's somehow both more than I expected, and less than I expected. Because I expected it to either be surprisingly affordable or surprisingly overpriced, and it's somehow in between.

Cheap for an airplane... Brand New, anyway.

You get one (or two) and TJ Fest 2024 is going to be INSANE!
It would be awesome in Moab (if you could get away with it). I'd love to fly up over the Sandflats Recreation Area and down the Colorado River through the canyon. Loan it out to folks

I'd prefer to get one of JOe Biden's invisible jetpacks:
1635184725581.png

You can get an old single engine Cessna for a lot less, but there's storage at a landing strip, and a million other expenses with a small plane.

So maybe 90K for a flying machine that you can take anywhere, and store at home isn't such a bad deal.

I thought about an ultralight years ago, but you still need a short landing strip, and there are lots of do's and don'ts with them now a days. And I don't think they're as compact or as fast.

Reactions: Wildman
You can get an old single engine Cessna for a lot less, but there's storage at a landing strip, and a million other expenses with a small plane.

So maybe 90K for a flying machine that you can take anywhere, and store at home isn't such a bad deal.

I thought about an ultralight years ago, but you still need a short landing strip, and there are lots of do's and don'ts with them now a days. And I don't think they're as compact or as fast.
Have a friend who's seriously in the market for one of these, about $350k last I talked to him. He currently rents them to have fun.

300px-L-39ZA_Albatros_%28cropped%29.jpg

View attachment 286165

Yes @ a base price of $92k it's not for everyone. But if you can afford it I'm sure you'd be having a blast playing with it.

I'm the right size at 5'6" and 162lbs. I think I should get one, or two.
It would be awesome in Moab (if you could get away with it). I'd love to fly up over the Sandflats Recreation Area and down the Colorado River through the canyon. Loan it out to folks

You could rent it out to everyone at TJFest. $500 per 20 minute flight ✈ times.
Of course with the understanding that "You break it You bought it "

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
I liked it until I saw its absolutely stupid-high $92,000 price for an oversized drone. I can buy a good real airplane for less than that.
Yeah, I think the drone has a very specific recreational use. Certainly not for travel like an airplane. For me it would be like a Razr on steroids, a fun toy, but nothing more. Certainly for the wealthy.

This is like everything else. It's time will come. For those of us old enough, remember when they talked about self driving and electric cars in the 70s? A lot of people laughed and said, "not in my lifetime!". And, here we are! ;)