Dash Cams

Hope everyone in the vehicle is okay. Hard to tell from the video but it looked like the oncoming vehicles high beams blinded your view of the deer.
I was by myself and no injuries. The oncoming truck was definitely blinding me with their high beams on. That elk was about 5-10 feet out when I saw it, the camera picks it up way before I did. I didn’t even lift my foot off the throttle until after the impact, the video show I was doing about 107 km/h (~65 mph) at impact.

I'd love to get a dash cam, but I just can't help but see it getting stolen when I park with my top down.
This one https://owlcam.com/ has amazing features...at $350 tough. They send you another camera if it gets stolen. You just have to give them the video clip of the event when it was stolen.

Reactions: Equilibrium31
How are you going to do that when the camera got stolen? Is it uploading to the cloud or something?

edit: Yes, it uses LTE data
Yes. You pay an upfront $350 for the camera and 1 yr LTE service. Subsequent years cost you $99/yr. LTE is what let's you see almost instantly on your electronic device if your vehicle gets bumped into. It also has motion sensors, so it records when someone gets his/her hands inside. You get alerts on your phone. Basically, it is a security camera. It has both, front and rear facing cameras.

Reactions: EzPeezy