Dash lights flickering

smumustang

2005 LJ...Dash lights (likely original, non are out) all flicker and go dark when driving at night with lights on. This will happen for about 5-10 seconds and then will be fine for a bit. Then it will happen again. Any body have any thoughts?

I have a similar issue with my 2001 Wrangler Sport so I will be following this thread. My symptoms and how I temporarily stopped the flickering. I only notice the flickering issue while driving with headlights on along with the interior light dimmer switch on full brightness. Odometer and radio lights will brighten then dim while intermittingly going blank? I noticed if I don't keep my interior light dimmer switch on full brightness setting I won't get the flickering at all!? I was thinking maybe some issue with the multi-function switch in steering column?

thanks for the reply, i tried turning down the brightness and it seemed to help, but then it happened again...but less frequent. clearly the gremlin under the hood is less active with bright lights.