Dashboard Camera Mounts for TJ

PCO6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I made a pair of dashboard camera mounts so I thought I'd pass along how I did it. It was quite simple and the only material needed other than the cameras, parts, etc. was a couple of pieces of angle iron.

I started with 1.5" x 1.5" x 0.125" angle and cut 2 pieces about 12" long. I used angle iron with a radiused bend which suits the contours of where I mounted them on the dashboard. I cut them down in my band saw and drilled 2 holes in each piece to match dashboard mounting hardware. A 3rd hole was drilled later for the 1" RAM ball mounts that I used.

picture.jpg

Here are most of the parts after I primed the angle iron and painted them with rattle can bed liner. The RAM mounting hardware can be purchased through Amazon and other sources.

picture.jpg

The brackets are mounted by simply removing the 2 bolts at the ends of the dashboard and reinstalling them.

picture.jpg

And finally here is how things look in place.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

I made simple mounts for my kayaks and bikes as well so the cameras can be easily removed from the Jeep and taken with us.

I made a pair of dashboard camera mounts so I thought I'd pass along how I did it. It was quite simple and the only material needed other than the cameras, parts, etc. was a couple of pieces of angle iron.

I started with 1.5" x 1.5" x 0.125" angle and cut 2 pieces about 12" long. I used angle iron with a radiused bend which suits the contours of where I mounted them on the dashboard. I cut them down in my band saw and drilled 2 holes in each piece to match dashboard mounting hardware. A 3rd hole was drilled later for the 1" RAM ball mounts that I used.

View attachment 123895

Here are most of the parts after I primed the angle iron and painted them with rattle can bed liner. The RAM mounting hardware can be purchased through Amazon and other sources.

View attachment 123896

The brackets are mounted by simply removing the 2 bolts at the ends of the dashboard and reinstalling them.

View attachment 123897

And finally here is how things look in place.

View attachment 123898

View attachment 123899

I made simple mounts for my kayaks and bikes as well so the cameras can be easily removed from the Jeep and taken with us.

Nice job.

Clean and simple.(y)..I like that when you not using the cameras the bracket almost fades away into the dash.

That is a beautiful mount. Great job!

I would also consider cheap magic mounts and use a small piece of the supplied metal 3m taped to the bottom of your camera. They are small can be 3m taped anywhere. And will hold a camera in any conditions no problem. Unless your rolling your TJ for a stunt or something. lol. I just got one for my phone. And it's fantastic. Holds the phone rock solid. And you can take it off and on at will. Or turn it anyway you want.

https://www.scosche.com/magicmounttm-pro-dash-refurbished