Daystar Body lift

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Got all excited about finding what I thought was a nice 1" body lift kit. The Daystar KJ04508BK Comfort Ride 1" Body Lift Kit. The ad didn't mention what material it was made out of, just that it was a "comfort ride" lift. That triggered some alarm bells, so off for further investigation. Yup, sure enough, urathane. Not going there. Still looking. Maybe a JKS 1" body lift.

Got all excited about finding what I thought was a nice 1" body lift kit. The Daystar KJ04508BK Comfort Ride 1" Body Lift Kit. The ad didn't mention what material it was made out of, just that it was a "comfort ride" lift. That triggered some alarm bells, so off for further investigation. Yup, sure enough, urathane. Not going there. Still looking. Maybe a JKS 1" body lift.

@Jerry Bransford saved me from this one a few months back.

I ended up buying the Savvy Offroad 1.25 inch body lift which is made out of aluminum pucks. It's not installed yet.

https://www.4lowparts.com/shop/savvy-body-lift-kit-body-lift-kits/

Reactions: StG58
Jerry has recommended the Performance Accessories body lift.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J3FR24/?tag=wranglerorg-20
What are the two items in the upper corners for?
61qTJ5DZRRL._SL1500_.jpg

What's good about the Savvy and Performance Accessories body lifts is they don't replace the rubber body mounts with polyurethane. They sit on top of the rubber mounts to keep the body and passenger compartment free of the vibrations that would occur with polyurethane mounts.

The two half-hotdog shaped spacers go under the front grill at the side corners.

Reactions: StG58
What’s wrong with the daystar poly body lift? I’ve run them on all 5 of the TJ/LJs … also ran MORE MML and poly transmission mount. So worst case scenario, NO COMPLAINTS! A couple builds got the UCF lo-pro mount with no negative effects … is there something I don’t know ???