Decided on Bikini top.....good choice ?

Bird

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have a HT on my TJ right now and was in the market for soft top.
Well after some more thought i decided on a Bestop safari bikini top. I already have the windshield and door channels and will likely run topless a good bit also.
I guess the deciding factor was having use of the garage, i simply won't drive the Jeep if it's 100% chance of rain all day. Lol
Any reason i won't like the bikini top ?

I don't mind water running into the back but am under the impression that the front passenger's stay dry with door and windshield rails installed.

When you say windshield rail, are you referring to the bolt-on aftermarket windshield header, needed for this type of bikini top?

When you say windshield rail, are you referring to the bolt-on aftermarket windshield header, needed for this type of bikini top?

Good question because there's a difference.
But yes, it's the bolt on after market one designed for this top.
When i bought this Jeep it came with various parts , soft top windows, hardware, rails etc.
The guy must have tried every type of Roof.
The hardtop was in mint condition which is understandable, The Jeep was from the eastern part of Wash st. " desert " .

You can't go wrong with that at all. Bestop makes the best top (no pun intended) you can buy.

I think that for what you're describing the bikini top works awesome.

Personally if it was me, I'd go with the Bestop Trektop NX though.

Yeah Chris that was my #1 choice but DANGIT , I'm running the UPS truck in the ground with packages . My debit card is starting to fade and crack from heavy use and my wife keeps saying " SERIOUSLY " .
Still have the NX in my cart though.

If you don't plan on a soft top at all, the safari bikini is a great choice. I have both oem tops, and run the soft top most of the year. The soft top with the windows removed serves the same purpose as a safari top. As Chris says, though, the trek top is a great hybrid of the safari top and soft top.

Reactions: Chris
And that's the only reason I mentioned the Trektop. It's great at being a safari top when you want it to, and a soft top when you want it to as well.

Reactions: VirtualRussel
In April even with snow still coming down in Alaska put our Bestop Safari top on and pull it on October. It extends further back than a regular bikini top. Leave the doors on intill it warms up and it stays bearable even at 30 degrees. But most of us that are used to cold climates can handle it. We camp in -0 conditions. Best time to see the Northern Lights.

If it is the short one it will allow water to drip down your back. The Safari stops that

lizard.jpg

Reactions: Chris
In April even with snow still coming down in Alaska put our Bestop Safari top on and pull it on October. It extends further back than a regular bikini top. Leave the doors on intill it warms up and it stays bearable even at 30 degrees. But most of us that are used to cold climates can handle it. We camp in -0 conditions. Best time to see the Northern Lights.

If it is the short one it will allow water to drip down your back. The Safari stops that

View attachment 9346

I like the look.

Though this is probably slightly different than the safari top, one of the BEST things I've ever done to my TJ is purchase a Spiderwebshade top.

I put it on years ago and have never once taken it off. Perfect for keeping just the right amount of sun out!

Though this is probably slightly different than the safari top, one of the BEST things I've ever done to my TJ is purchase a Spiderwebshade top.

I put it on years ago and have never once taken it off. Perfect for keeping just the right amount of sun out!

Heard nothing but good things about Spiderweb.....people love them.

Personally, I would get the full length bikini. Better sun blockage for the front seats and rear. I know SB does not get much love but, I run their bikini. Great fit, does not flap around, easy to install.

Personally, I would get the full length bikini. Better sun blockage for the front seats and rear. I know SB does not get much love but, I run their bikini. Great fit, does not flap around, easy to install.

Yes it's the full length bikini.....it's on the way.