Deer Corn

JMT

Just another auto...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
So I walk out into my garage and I see this wonderful thing hanging from the ceiling because it's warm here!
IMG_5602.JPG

Every time I vacuum out the back of my TJ I find some deer corn. I knew an old rancher from Mason Texas had this jeep before me so I'm not surprised to find deer corn. But I am surprised that I keep on finding it every time I vacuum. So I'm walking across the garage and I look up at the rear left corner of the hardtop.
IMG_5603.JPG

I'm sure you see what I see. I took a couple tools and literally kept running them back-and-forth until about half a bag of corn came out! My arm got tired like four times doing this. It literally took like 30 minutes and there still corn in there. Now I don't have to wonder why the deer are chasing me down the highway!

Who knows what former owners have done to our TJ's!

Reactions: StG58
PO probably stored the top on a pile of loose corn in the barn and it worked its way up into the top crevices over time. I'll bet that was weird digging all that corn out. I found some old cigars behind the dash that my PO has obviously stuck up their and lost them at a turn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have so many deer down here, mostly white tail, but also axis. I literally don't think I've gone a day without seeing a deer in 13 years. One of the problems is over-feeding. Those people that want to befriend deer have them so tame they lay on the front porch waiting for the next kernel of corn. Next thing you know they'll be popping it and serving it with movies in the front yard!

I'm ok with baiting for those who are responsible and trying to bring the overpopulation problem down, but those who just feed are just supporting a higher population that is highly dependent on handouts (sounds like a symptom of one particular political bent). One time I looked at statistics, we had 8 deer for every 1 person in the county. They don't grow nearly as large down here, unless you have high fence and can manage the populations.