Defrost Tape and Hard Top Pigtail

grabeb

TJ Enthusiast
We have an aftermarket HardTop on our 01 TJ and thus it has no wipers, no rear window defroster, no anything electric, but the plug is still there for this and even the switch(s) in the dash.

1st, were can I find the HardTop side of this pigtail? I've looked through ebay with no luck so far. I see a plug to convert to 03 and new HT, I guess I could buy that and cut off the unneeded side, but seems like waste.

2nd, I'm thinking of trying to add rear window defroster back. Has anyone done this? Then what are thoughts about adding it to the side windows? I'm pretty sure I've found places selling the tape to add. I don't think I care about the wipers.

If you just need the plug to make your own, I think the later models were the same as a Dodge Dakota seat plug.
Not sure about an '01.

If you just need the plug to make your own, I think the later models were the same as a Dodge Dakota seat plug.
Not sure about an '01.
I think the newer ones are different because I see pigtails to convert them. I might just end up spending the $25 on the pigtail with both and cutting off the other end.