Did FS1 send the wrong PCM?

1515art

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
447C42CC-B6D3-4B83-B925-01A65B69BA83.jpeg
77478D76-122A-4F92-AF41-97EE31DAD57D.jpeg
Problem and I need some help from someone that might recognize if FS1 sent a unit made for something else as the new PCM is different than my old one. The New PCM is smaller and has no heat sink on the back as the old PCM. Could be the old one is incorrect what does the PCM in your jeep look like? Stacking them up it appears the mounting holes will fit, but the new unit is smaller and weighs much less than my old unit? I’m wanting to know what I’m talking about when I call to see if I’m just getting the run around. Suppose putting it in for a test shouldn’t mess anything else up, waiting a bit before testing that.
Thanks

The part numbers are the same on both, so now I am thinking they didn't send you the wrong one. I think either they started making them without heatsinks, or that heatsink is removable, and needs to be mounted on the new one. That's the first thing I would check, to see if the heatsink comes off easily.

Reactions: 1515art
Works great, so OK for now...fingers crossed. Heat sink is part of the case can’t switch it, the old one sure looks heavy duty, but I’ll settle for one that works!