Did this break my winch?

Well I went to the store and got some copper, had no luck with brass self tapping screws, so zinc it is. It took an act of God to form this piece of copper. Then the copper in the stator might as well be made of lead, damn near impossible to drill Into. Everything clears, hopefully I can reassemble and see if this Hail Mary works. If not I only invested about $7

95EC1C65-77F2-478E-9656-D3A4BE1790C3.jpeg

CC3DC134-556E-4CB5-B16D-382629BB2EC8.jpeg

E2B073C2-810E-4A89-9EC8-D287658ECDDF.jpeg

E38DB8B5-2300-4BE2-9D32-8A2D363C13CB.jpeg

Starter shop said $160 roughly for new coils. I could buy a new stator but not sure it’s worth dumping all the money into it or not. I guess I’ll decide in due time

Let's not fault the winch cause that's bullshit in this case
I don’t mean to fault the winch. Dunkut88TJ had already wondered if he should maybe replace the winch at sometime in the future if I recall correctly. Plus he already called it sh*ttybuilt in his first post. $160 seemed high to me To put back into it. Maybe it’s not, I don’t know.

Let's not fault the winch cause that's bullshit in this case
😂 nope, it worked fine until I tried to make it “pretty”

I would put that money towards a new, presumably better winch.
I plan to just hold off and start fresh, it’s not urgent. Just hate that a small blunder cost me a functioning piece of equipment. That’s life for this guy!

Reactions: MountaineerTom
😂 nope, it worked fine until I tried to make it “pretty”

I plan to just hold off and start fresh, it’s not urgent. Just hate that a small blunder cost me a functioning piece of equipment. That’s life for this guy!
I think it’s happened to all of us. 🙂

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ