Difference between left hand drive and right have drive HVAC controls?

Bruce Barker

I've been looking online for a new HVAC controller and noticed they are listed for right hand drive and left hand drive( different part numbers). is there really a difference in the HVAC controller between left and right hand drive?

I've never seen a right hand drive one up close. If there is any difference, I have to imagine it would be that the dials are in different locations. I don't see why a LHD one wouldn't work.

I would assume the connection in the back would be different. As the ac box is on the other side. Also the fan switch would be closer to the drivers seat.

Figured out the difference. Just got my part I ordered off eBay, had both part numbers on it, claimed it was a fit. Opened the box and the colored vacuum lines were half as long as OEM. Had to re-use my vacuum lines.Got the guy to give me a 50% refund though.

Reactions: Boinked
Figured out the difference. Just got my part I ordered off eBay, had both part numbers on it, claimed it was a fit. Opened the box and the colored vacuum lines were half as long as OEM. Had to re-use my vacuum lines.Got the guy to give me a 50% refund though.
Thanks for the update. This might save someone else.

Thanks for the update, this may save someone down the road.

But shouldn't he have given you a 100% refund, or did he have a specific refund policy?

Maybe but the only part that didn't work out was the vacuum lines off the selector switch. Everything else was correct. Since I was able to reuse the other lines i didn't send it back.

Maybe but the only part that didn't work out was the vacuum lines off the selector switch. Everything else was correct. Since I was able to reuse the other lines i didn't send it back.

Ahhh, so I guess it worked out, you just had to swap some things around. Makes sense!

Glad I know this information now, as I had no idea there were any differences.

Reactions: Bruce Barker
So as long as mu vacuum lines are good I can use the one for right hand drive,?