Dirtworx Tire Carrier Rack System

YonderNorthwest

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm considering this tire carrier by the reputable Dirt Worx fabricator:

https://www.thedirtworx.com/product-page/rear-bumper-tire-carrier-rack-system
I plan on sticking my 5lb propane tank and jerry can tool box in that little cubby between the tire and the tailgate for camping.

Comparing this design to others, it's obvious that the tire is sitting quite a bit further horizontally from the bumper. Should I be concerned about the additional leverage?

My current bumper is attached to the frame with steel straps and through-bolts. I did some minor damage to it on a trip a few years ago when I over-loaded a hitch-mounted basket on a 4 day trip. I am trying to avoid making the same mistake again.

Also, I plan on towing a ~500 lb boat/trailer and ~1,500 lb (loaded) M416 trailer. Anybody got experience towing with his bumpers/carriers?

Spare is a 31" KO2 on 15" canyons.

Thanks

Reactions: Sancho
I'm considering this tire carrier by the reputable Dirt Worx fabricator:

https://www.thedirtworx.com/product-page/rear-bumper-tire-carrier-rack-system
I plan on sticking my 5lb propane tank and jerry can tool box in that little cubby between the tire and the tailgate for camping.

Comparing this design to others, it's obvious that the tire is sitting quite a bit further horizontally from the bumper. Should I be concerned about the additional leverage?

My current bumper is attached to the frame with steel straps and through-bolts. I did some minor damage to it on a trip a few years ago when I over-loaded a hitch-mounted basket on a 4 day trip. I am trying to avoid making the same mistake again.

Also, I plan on towing a ~500 lb boat/trailer and ~1,500 lb (loaded) M416 trailer. Anybody got experience towing with his bumpers/carriers?

Spare is a 31" KO2 on 15" canyons.

Thanks
I have been debating the or-fabrication tire/Jerry can mount and I think it just sticks out too much,will probably go another route