Disable key off dome light activation

LJtheunicorn

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I know that pulling fuse 4 turns off dome lights when doors are removed. That’s not what I’m concerned with.

When you turn the key to off after jeep has been running or in accessory the dome lights come on.
Is there a way to disable this? Pulling fuse 4 doesn’t eliminate this.

I had this feature in my old GMC Sierra and it’s actually very handy.

The lights are actually fed from the instrument cluster.
So you could disable the output and they'll always be off. Or just pull the bulbs for that matter.
Or you can try cutting the 'key in ignition switch sense' input to the instrument cluster.
However, I do not know if that will affect other operations.
(Removing the #4 fuse basically removes the 'door ajar switch sense' input.)

Reactions: Blondie70
The lights are actually fed from the instrument cluster.
So you could disable the output and they'll always be off. Or just pull the bulbs for that matter.
Or you can try cutting the 'key in ignition switch sense' input to the instrument cluster.
However, I do not know if that will affect other operations.
(Removing the #4 fuse basically removes the 'door ajar switch sense' input.)
Electrical is not my forte but how would you go about figuring out which wire triggers the dome lights when turning off ignition?

This is from the 06 FSM.

Screenshot_20211027-225038_Drive.jpg

You can replace the dome button door ajar with mercedes benz one it has lights off even with door open feature. The mb button pat number a2018202110

You can replace the dome button door ajar with mercedes benz one it has lights off even with door open feature. The mb button pat number a2018202110
The instrument cluster logic is what handles this function, not the doorjamb button which is nothing more than a simple on-off switch. The Mercedes doorjamb switch is nothing but an on-off switch as well. If the Mercedes dome light works differently it's not because if the door jamb on-off switch.