Distracted Driving in BC

Just put the phone down while driving, that’s what I do. But unfortuntely, most people are addicted to it. Not worth the risks IMHO.

Reactions: PCO6
yep. I remember trying to dial a phone number while driving 20 years ago.... I'd dial the area code... eyes up drive... the prefix.. eyes up..... last 4 digits send.... drive. And I was often not even comfortable with my eyes down for that.

wonder if this was a result of distracted driving. 15 hockey players dead... 14 in hospital.

hko-sask-bus-crash-20180407.jpg

Waste of time answering my phone in the Jeep with the soft top up or down I cant hear anyone...better to just leave in alone.
Most people who know me, know if I don't answer they say "You were in your Jeep weren't you " I just smile back lol

Reactions: xxdabroxx
My phone rides in the console.
Mine is in my pocket either bluetoothing music or just there to let me know if I need to text or call someone back when I get to where I am going. I have always been a motorcycle rider, so I don't even miss having a phone when I drive. Never happened never will. I don't even answer hands free in my vehicles.

I keep min on my dash if im going somwhere new its my satnav usually its just a control unit for my stereo, I use hands free through my stereo to take and make phone calls. voice actiivation works pretty well when it comes to listing to emails or texts and replying to them, this is the whole reason siri was invented.

I have the luxury of knowing I'm that important.

I laugh when i see people instantly stress because their phone rings. Like Pavlov's dogs, they are conditioned to respond immediately. When they see me ignore a call cause i'm in the middle of a fart of something they say," you gonna get that?" "Nah"
Must be a retirement thing....

how many times have you been at a red light recently and had to blow your horn at the dufus in front of you when the light turns green. You can always pick them out with the tell tale dropping of the head, they are either txt'n or have something interesting they like to look at sitting on their laps!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
how many times have you been at a red light recently and had to blow your horn at the dufus in front of you when the light turns green. You can always pick them out with the tell tale dropping of the head, they are either txt'n or have something interesting they like to look at sitting on their laps!
more and more every week I see people doing that...some people are using them while they have them stuck on their windshield, so everybody can see what your doing....Uber drivers are the worst for doing this while on the motorway (Free-way)
Annoys me because there all over there lane, you beep at them and they look at you as if to say ...'Why you beeping at me?"....stupid

This kind of thing drives me absolutely batshit. Traffic in the Chicagoland area is bad enough without some moron staring at his phone and leaving a football field length of space between him and the guy in front of him.

We have reversible express lanes that run roughly between downtown Chicago and the split of interstates 90 and 94. I feel like their benefit has been ultimately canceled out thanks to the invention of the smart phone.