Diy Dog barrier under $20

Chef boy Ali

20160523_160107.jpg
20160523_160054.jpg

I wanted a barrier to keep my 2 huskies in back but not lose function of the seat recline. I was using a barrier that connected side to side. It worked well but not only did it limit my rear view, I could no longer recline drivers or passenger seat. Now, there is enough space for the dogs to pop their heads out, and enough tension to keep them in back. The 2pvc pipes have a compression spring inside and the bar is wedged between the roll bar and the rear cup holders.

Last edited:
I actually built 2.0 w 2 black abs pipes w slightly less room for my dogs to stick their heads thru & breathe hot air on me & less likely to squeeze out. I'll send you the original for the cost of shipping. I'm in mpls

That's awfully generous of you! I'm happy to pay for materials as well! ...did the dogs squeeze through much? My boxer Dublin is 65 pounds and an acrobat. Bella is 75 pounds but wouldn't bother...

That's awfully generous of you! I'm happy to pay for materials as well! ...did the dogs squeeze through much? My boxer Dublin is 65 pounds and an acrobat. Bella is 75 pounds but wouldn't bother...
They can't squeeze thru, but one of my dogs was able to jump over the seat from the front into the back... Sort of, it seemed forced & awkward. He hasn't attempted to go back to front. I have left them in the back unattended without worry many times. Both of my dogs are about 70# & thin

They can't squeeze thru, but one of my dogs was able to jump over the seat from the front into the back... Sort of, it seemed forced & awkward. He hasn't attempted to go back to front. I have left them in the back unattended without worry many times. Both of my dogs are about 70# & thin
I can build you the dual pipe version if you would like. Guaranteed no pass thru