DIY Storage add to 02 TJ Sport

Brummer

In the first photo, I screwed a 20” wide metal tool box I got from Home Depot for $31 to the floor using the 4 screws that were already in the floor doing nothing. The bungee cord is there to hold maps or papers on occasion. The ONLY negative to this setup is the rear seat has to be flipped forward to open the tool box, but that’s a 10-second inconvenience.

IN the second photo, I bought 3 - .30 cal ammo boxes from local army surplus and they slide right under the rear seat perfectly. They don’t seem to slide out too easily when on the trails, either.

Some nice, easy, CHEAP added storage to my 02 TJ Sport.

29CF55BC-E757-4EB7-A6CD-2ED192642106.jpeg

9E91A034-5B35-4069-A62B-E51A497B6106.jpeg

Reactions: Ante_Up
Very creative, I like the ammo cans for ease of removal as well. Keep some tools in them and yank the whole box out if you need it.

IN the second photo, I bought 3 - .30 cal ammo boxes from local army surplus and they slide right under the rear seat perfectly. They don’t seem to slide out too easily when on the trails, either.
But they will slide out easily and become lethal projectiles with the G forces of a bad rollover on the trail. Is there a way to secure them?

But they will slide out easily and become lethal projectiles with the G forces of a bad rollover on the trail. Is there a way to secure them?
So will my 1/2 gallon stainless steel insulated drink mug as well as a variety of other items not usually tied down, cuz I don’t go hard enough to anticipate a roll over. But, a strong rubber bungee cord through the handles and tied to the seat frame on each end should hold them in place.