Do I need a lift with these tires?

Tscott

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I picked up this 2004 with a 4.0 a few months ago and have a question.
That is a stock suspension with 32" tires. Does it look like it needs a lift?

I don't do any rock crawling. My off road driving is all done at the beach on the Texas coast.

New to this and I have a lot to learn.

15729889682952139243149.jpg

Reactions: b0xcar
That has some degree of lift on it. Probably has spring spacers. If you don't flex the suspension too much it should probably be ok.

If there’s not spacers on there, I’d say it has 2” lift springs. In my opinion it doesn’t need a lift. Leave it as is and only upgrade when needed.

I picked up this 2004 with a 4.0 a few months ago and have a question.
That is a stock suspension with 32" tires. Does it look like it needs a lift?

I don't do any rock crawling. My off road driving is all done at the beach on the Texas coast.

New to this and I have a lot to learn.

View attachment 123638
You could do a little rock crawling here in the Hill Country, you are really close to some good stuff. You should really look at getting out to Hidden Falls Adventure Park. They have some really nice lvl 1 and 2 trails out there that I think you would have a good time on.

Reactions: Tscott
If there’s not spacers on there, I’d say it has 2” lift springs. In my opinion it doesn’t need a lift. Leave it as is and only upgrade when needed.
I measured the springs - 12" front and 8" rear. I don't know what spacers look like so maybe it has those, but I like your advice to leave as is.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I measured the springs - 12" front and 8" rear. I don't know what spacers look like so maybe it has those, but I like your advice to leave as is.
Post a few pics of the springs. Not saying you're wrong but it's difficult to believe the springs have not sagged unless they were changed.