Arizona Do I need a state land trust permit?

Farmergreg

The work will set you free
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I need further education:
The fun-trexs book reads a little ambiguous on the requirements.
Will I need to purchase an Arizona Land Trust Permit for the LJ to use the trails on state land?

Yes, you need one. They are cheap and easy to get. You just pay for it online and print the permit out.

You can get one here:

https://asld.secure.force.com/recreationalpermit/
Even reading the AZ State land website is confusing! Keeps referencing OHV and you can traverse the trails but not park and recreate. Doesn't mention a licensed highway vehicle.
But guessing better safe than sorry.....and it will help out your schools (that they at least have the balls to open)

Reactions: Blondie70
Even reading the AZ State land website is confusing! Keeps referencing OHV and you can traverse the trails but not park and recreate. Doesn't mention a licensed highway vehicle.
But guessing better safe than sorry.....and it will help out your schools (that they at least have the balls to open)

You'll drive on these trails and as soon as you get onto the state land there will be big signs that say that a trust permit is required. While I have yet to see them enforcing it, for $20 you're better safe than sorry. Not to mention that the money goes towards running and maintaining the land, so it's a good thing.

Thank goodness for Arizona schools. I love the teachers so much that for Christmas I gifted them all gift baskets with tons of stuff in them including $100 Amazon gift cards. I told them I appreciate that they are willing to do what they do and continue to teach despite what's going on.

No permit needed for BLM land or national forest but much of the state trust land falls around or in between BLM and national forest, so yes, better safe than sorry. You're bound to wind up on state trust lands at some point, so for $20 for the annual permit, it's easier to buy and keep it in the glove box than try to navigate around.

Reactions: Farmergreg