Do I need to install a MML with 3 Zone lift?

Wallyc13

Supporting Member
I just installed the Zone 3 inch lift on my 2006 TJ, it was the full kit, shocks, springs,etc. It also included the TC drop spacers. Do I need to install a MML with this kit? Also, if I install the MML will I be able to remove the TC drop spacers? Or will I need to install adjustable control arms? Thanks

Sorry, I do have the BL of 1.25". I am waiting on new body mounts before the install. Thanks for the help,,,

Reactions: Cornbread
With the MML there is a good (but not for sure) chance you'll be able to remove the transfer case drop.

I have a 3" zone lift on my LJ, with transfer case drop. No MML was needed. I don't know if you can remove the transfer case drop with a MML.

I purchased the Zone 4.25 combo lift (3 inch suspension, 1.25 inch body & MML) and thus far have only installed the suspension lift. I get a slight shimmy when taking off from a dead stop in 1st gear, it feels like someone is driving who does not know how to operate a stick shift. Besides that it drives and handles great. I am going to install the body & MML when I get a chance, but for now it does fine. I would think that the when installing the MML you will be able to remove the transfer case drop, but each TJ is different in regards to how it responds to a lift.

Hope to see next week, when everything gets here. As of now with the BL and TC drop, there is no wobble or shimmy at 65 mph.