Do I need to replace the carrier or bearings when installing Super 35 kit?

Webber

Need to replace one of my axle shafts in my rear axle, figured I should save myself the terrible in the future and just go ahead and install a super 35 kit.

So I know I'm going to be replacing the shafts and the two spider gears the shafts connect to, so probably in turn the other two spider gears held in the carrier.
My question is that do I need to replace the carrier or the bearings, or more importantly the ring and pinion gear? Or can I leave all that alone and stop at just the spider gears?

There's little help I can find on YouTube about upgrading a 35. Any help or recommendations for kits is appreciated. I've heard good things about the revolution 35 kit

The Super 35 has 30 spline axles which is why you want to replace the spider gears.
I believe you need to also change out the carrier which why a lot of owners purchase a locker while replacing the carrier.
I believe you will also need to reset the R&P back lash.

The Super 35 has 30 spline axles which is why you want to replace the spider gears.
I believe you need to also change out the carrier which why a lot of owners purchase a locker while replacing the carrier.
I believe you will also need to reset the R&P back lash.
Let's say I do go for a super 35 + locker,
Would my stock Dana 30 home together upfront on the trails or would that require an upgrade aswell?
33" tires, 2" lift btw

Let's say I do go for a super 35 + locker,
Would my stock Dana 30 home together upfront on the trails or would that require an upgrade aswell?
33" tires, 2" lift btw
Chromo shafts would be a good upgrade. A 30 with chromos and a locker is a good match for a locked super 35.

I wheeled an '98 XJ with 32" tires and factory axles for quite a few years, but to be fare... I did cut full grooves inside the ears for 360* circle clips instead of the stock 180* C clips that retain the U joint cups.
I did finally upgrade to alloy axles after winning a set at an event raffle and shortly after upgraded to 33" tires which I ran for about 10 years.

Need to replace one of my axle shafts in my rear axle, figured I should save myself the terrible in the future and just go ahead and install a super 35 kit.

So I know I'm going to be replacing the shafts and the two spider gears the shafts connect to, so probably in turn the other two spider gears held in the carrier.
My question is that do I need to replace the carrier or the bearings, or more importantly the ring and pinion gear? Or can I leave all that alone and stop at just the spider gears?

There's little help I can find on YouTube about upgrading a 35. Any help or recommendations for kits is appreciated. I've heard good things about the revolution 35 kit

I believe your only option for a S35 is a 30 spline locker.

The dana 30 in the front can handle pretty good in its stock form, chromoly axles would obviously be better than stock.
The Dana 35 axles are the weak points. There has been many discussions about the Super 35 kit, specifically the one from Revolution (which was what I ended up going with) and the discussion from folks with much more experience than me is that it should handle 35's without issue.

Since you will be going with a 30 spline axle in the rear, you will need a locker. As far as I am aware there is no Dana 35 open carrier for 30 spline axles,