Do JK fenders fit on a TJ?

That Jeep obviously needs a 3rd bull bar on top of the second one.

And...
Jeepisdisgusting.jpg

Reactions: CharlesHS
  • Haha
Reactions: Chris
Gotta say, I think I agree with the naysayers: it looks weird. Kinda sickly.
But being the tinkerer I am, I'm going to keep the free fenders for 3 reasons:
1. Guaranteed won't rust out on me
2. Obligated by law to cover the entire tire
3. I'm going cut and plastic weld and mess around with them and probably bust them off winter bogging anyway. No loss because they were free.
Sorry, no, I wont post any pics unless I get them cut to look...um... not like Dumbo 😉
Thanks for all the advice.
🤘
Rock on

Reactions: Tob and Kiwi TJ
@Chris will have some good comments about this I am sure :ROFLMAO:
I'll throw one in....that looks so stupid it hurts.

At the same time , if the op makes it work for him, they will keep a lot of mud off.

Well, I refer to the JK platform as the "fat Elvis" of the Wrangler world.

The fender flares on the JKs are just massive, massive pieces of plastic and IMHO look really silly. The JK itself doesn't look bad, but the size of the fender flares just make it look really silly in my mind.
To be honest, now that I think about it ....there isn't much at all aesthetically pleasing on the JK/JKU ....to be the phenom it has been...and it is an unprecedented success for Jeep and in the automotive world at large (specifically the JKU) it's not pretty in stock trim...and doesn't get much better when lifted. Not compared to the TJ. The TJ has really nice lines.

To be honest, now that I think about it ....there isn't much at all aesthetically pleasing on the JK/JKU ....to be the phenom it has been...and it is an unprecedented success for Jeep and in the automotive world at large (specifically the JKU) it's not pretty in stock trim...and doesn't get much better when lifted. Not compared to the TJ. The TJ has really nice lines.
I’ve seen a few JKs I liked. Bumpers, flares, everything was quite modded, even doors. That gets expensive.

Not a fan of the JLs look either. TJs definitely get the sexy 🥇

Reactions: AndyG
I’ve seen a few JKs I liked. Bumpers, flares, everything was quite modded, even doors. That gets expensive.

Not a fan of the JLs look either. TJs definitely get the sexy 🥇
I have also... They can look really tough. To me you really have to dial in the right tire size and clearance by way of lift and rake .... A TJ can look great a number of ways but a JK has to get everything balanced out it seems.

Reactions: Jeff Allan
  • Haha
Reactions: L J
The phenomenal sales of the JK is totally based on people's love of Jeep. Add a couple of doors so the mall crawlers feel adventurous and you got it made. Always seemed odd to me that someone could spend $20K modding a $45K new vehicle... but that's the poor man in me. Just too much plastic on them for me.

Reactions: John Cooper
The phenomenal sales of the JK is totally based on people's love of Jeep. Add a couple of doors so the mall crawlers feel adventurous and you got it made. Always seemed odd to me that someone could spend $20K modding a $45K new vehicle... but that's the poor man in me. Just too much plastic on them for me.
Uh...would that be the plastic someone took off of one that you're about to bolt on to yours....😃

Uh...would that be the plastic someone took off of one that you're about to bolt on to yours....😃
Nope. We measured and positioned and marked cuttings but after much thought and even more beer, came to the conclusion that they look goofy installed plain and lose most of their lateral strength if cut. Gon n'a throw them in the parts shed.