Do Not Deal With CJ Pony Parts

DWitner

Unless you want to waste your time and money...DO NOT DEAL WITH TJ/PONY PARTS FOR ANY OF YOUR JEEP NEEDS.

I ordered a lift kit from them in February, They immediately tapped my credit card and then informed me the parts were back ordered form the manufacturer (rough country) It took almost a month for my parts to arrive.

When I began working on my jeep, I found that I was missing the rear control arms, I tried and tried and tried to contact CJ/Phony and got nothing but an answering service...NO callbacks as promised...When I finally waited 60 minutes plus on hold I got nothing but lip service...Blamed it on Fed-ex...blamed it on rough country...Made at least 4 contacts with reps after many calls and guess what? STILL NO PARTS. Did i say they charged y card??? and i still don't have my parts.

So....don't waste your time and save yourself a whole lot of aggravation....Go somewhere else.

Unless you want to waste your time and money...DO NOT DEAL WITH TJ/PONY PARTS FOR ANY OF YOUR JEEP NEEDS.

I ordered a lift kit from them in February, They immediately tapped my credit card and then informed me the parts were back ordered form the manufacturer (rough country) It took almost a month for my parts to arrive.

When I began working on my jeep, I found that I was missing the rear control arms, I tried and tried and tried to contact CJ/Phony and got nothing but an answering service...NO callbacks as promised...When I finally waited 60 minutes plus on hold I got nothing but lip service...Blamed it on Fed-ex...blamed it on rough country...Made at least 4 contacts with reps after many calls and guess what? STILL NO PARTS. Did i say they charged y card??? and i still don't have my parts.

So....don't waste your time and save yourself a whole lot of aggravation....Go somewhere else.
I learned not to deal with them years ago when I restored early mustangs..they suck

Reactions: Midtenn

The bright side is that you used a credit card. If you have your contact attempts documented, your credit card will consider a charge back.

You could also use this as leverage with customer service. “Make this right or I will be contacting my credit card company.”

@Chris is very familar with the credit card charge back stuff.

Reactions: Chris
The bright side is that you used a credit card. If you have your contact attempts documented, your credit card will consider a charge back.

You could also use this as leverage with customer service. “Make this right or I will be contacting my credit card company.”

@Chris is very familar with the credit card charge back stuff.
Won't mean shit.
They are a third party and could be at the mercy of said specific mfg they sold you.

The problem is you have part of the order so you got something for your money. You just didn't get it completed.

These types of scenarios suck

I’ve used CJ many times over the years for Mustangs and now more recently Jeeps and just bought a steering wheel for the F100. Everything has been what was expected and priced accordingly. I typically end up with them when their price is better. I met Chris and Jay years ago in Carlisle PA years ago. Hard working blue collar guys that love Mustangs and old cars. Just like Quadratec they have grown beyond ever imagined and now Covid. Covid is bullshit. The governor closed my wife’s doors for 3 1/2 months. I believe CJ wants to make it right but shit, this story really sucks 👎🏼

Reactions: Rubicon88
I ordered a lift kit from them in February, They immediately tapped my credit card and then informed me the parts were back ordered form the manufacturer (rough country)
I use Paypal for everything. Funds don't leave your account until the items ship. If there's an issue, they refund my money if the seller doesn't fix the issue asap. Sometimes I get a refund and get to keep the stuff too.🤫

I’ve used CJ many times over the years for Mustangs and now more recently Jeeps and just bought a steering wheel for the F100. Everything has been what was expected and priced accordingly. I typically end up with them when their price is better. I met Chris and Jay years ago in Carlisle PA years ago. Hard working blue collar guys that love Mustangs and old cars. Just like Quadratec they have grown beyond ever imagined and now Covid. Covid is bullshit. The governor closed my wife’s doors for 3 1/2 months. I believe CJ wants to make it right but shit, this story really sucks 👎🏼
This...

Quadratec doesn't charge your card if parts you buy are out of stock until they are in stock and ready to ship but I still try to use paypal everywhere I can, if you dont get your stuff and put in a dispute paypal almost always re credits the buyer.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
CJ Pony parts has sucked way before Covid came around. I'm not sure who is worse them or the now defunct Mustangs Unlimited.
I to have delt with them in the past on mustang parts and 80% of the time there was a problem.

I you took a few minuted to do a search, you would have seen all the negative reviews stemming back to 2015.

They are a company I would avoid.

Last edited:
To be fair, they didn't pack your lift parts, Rough Country did. I deal with them on a regular basis at work and this is nothing new. Wrong parts and missing parts, all the time. Unless it's a one-box kit like a level or set of shocks or struts or something, there is regularly stuff left out. They are usually good about getting the replacements to us quickly, but that means there is a truck on a lift for an extra day or two at times.

That doesn't excuse CJ for the lack of response, but it sucks being caught in the middle in a situation like this. Also, it's rare to find a company that doesn't immediately charge your card when placing an order, regardless of backorder status. Unless they explicitly state that they don't, you should probably assume that they do.

Reactions: Weasellee

Have you tried contacting rough country directly? They might make shit parts, but they make up for it by having decent customer service.

Reactions: TheBoogieman