Do Savvy tail lights have reflectors built-in?

phraza

TJ Enthusiast
Hi there
Do the slim Savvy Off-road tail lights have reflectors built in?

Here in New Zealand we have to have rear facing reflectors either built into the tail lights or separate stick on ones (not ideal).

Hard to see in the product photos, is the part around the outside of the actual led part the reflector?

cheers in advance

Zoom in on this picture and you'll see the lighted reflectors on the sides of my Savvy taillights:

IMG_8854.jpeg

Hi there

Here in New Zealand we have to have rear facing reflectors either built into the tail lights or separate stick on ones (not ideal).

Hard to see in the product photos, is the part around the outside of the actual led part the reflector?

cheers in advance
They have the small portion off the housing that illuminates at night.
Zoom in on this picture and you'll see the lighted reflectors on the sides of my Savvy taillights:

View attachment 216750
Off topic what is your wheel and tire combo?

Hi there

cheers in advance
The OP is asking about rear facing reflectors.

Last edited:
Yea I guess you don’t really go back and shine a light to your tail lights that often haha

yea I was googling savvy lights and that pic was up on another forum (shhhh)

Yep, that would be why. I've seen my taillights from behind at night plenty times when the Jeep is in the driveway, but having never actually driven behind my own Jeep at night, I didn't even think there were reflectors there. Good to know though at least!

That photo is circa 1972. Jerry has been around TJs (and owned a TJ) even before TJs were ever produced :LOL:

Joke of course ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

This is my second TJ. Had a 97 about 8 years ago and always regretted selling it. Life’s to short to drive boring cars so found another one! Need to do a build thread for sure

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

This is my second TJ. Had a 97 about 8 years ago and always regretted selling it. Life’s to short to drive boring cars so found another one! Need to do a build thread for sure

This is true! TJs are a blast, that's for sure. I've owned everything from Z06 Corvettes to Hellcats, and the TJ is more fun than any of them combined!

Hi there

cheers in advance
They are DOT compliant lenses on the rear facing portion with a DOT compliant side marker. They should be reflective for both but I haven't actually checked but I can.

Reactions: phraza
Will the Savvy lights bolt in place of the stock lights or is trimming required?
They bolt in place of the stock lights but due to the license plate holder in the US actually sitting up under the actual lens of the stock tail light, the plate holder has to be moved down slightly to clear the light housing.