Do this and help the world

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
I want to challenge every young person on here to consider this as a life habit-

BE REAL.

By this I mean don’t get caught up in flim flam excuses and cop outs that destroy your credibility and cause you to live a lie you told yourself and and others.

Genuine people will roll their eyes when you leave the room.

Dare to be different- be genuine and tell things like they are- even if people don’t like you for it they will respect you.

You will go places.

Think about it.

I want to challenge every young person on here to consider this as a life habit-

BE REAL.

By this I mean don’t get caught up in flim flam excuses and cop outs that destroy your credibility and cause you to live a lie you told yourself and and others.

Genuine people will roll their eyes when you leave the room.

Dare to be different- be genuine and tell things like they are- even if people don’t like you for it they will respect you.

You will go places.

Think about it.
And the same goes for older folks to!!

Is this post about Blaine 😉🤣
Lord know, he is so real we can hardly handle it.

I see people with miserable lives, and when I get to know them, usually the bull they tell is the underlying cause. The hardest part of life sometimes is keeping a straight face around all of it.

I thought is was about suicide.

@AndyG you OK Brotaterchip ?
Lord yes and thanks too- just talking about the current trend of people that can’t stand up, tell the truth, be honest about their circumstances, accept ownership or show any responsibility, and be a little more of what the world needs- these people are now to the age where children are counting on them, employers want to count on them, debtors count on them , and they can’t even be honest enough about their own part in their failing lives to begin the first step of making it better.

This really isn’t a rant, its a heartfelt plea anywhere I can find an audience- this is a great country, we need real men and real women to help keep it that way. Another scary part of this is the abundance we have actually allows people to live in this pattern indefinitely.

Whatever happened to “it was my fault”, “I’m sorry let me make it right” “ i apologize” and all the things people used to say that were simply honest about their actions.

I believe most of this is brought about by poor raising.

I know we can’t fix the world, we can hardly fix our TJ’s sometimes, but I do want to point it out that bull is recognized, and good people don’t swallow it, go along with it or reward people for it.

Last edited:
Lord yes and thanks too- just talking about the current trend of people that can’t stand up, tell the truth, be honest about their circumstances, accept ownership or show any responsibility, and be a little more of what the world needs- these people are now to the age where children are counting on them, employers want to count on them, debtors count on them , and they can’t even be honest enough about their own part in their failing lives to begin the first step of making it better.

This really isn’t a rant, its a heartfelt plea anywhere I can find an audience- this is a great country, we need real men and real women to help keep it that way. Another scary part of this is the abundance we have actually allows people to live in this pattern indefinitely.

Whatever happened to “it was my fault”, “I’m sorry let me make it right” “ i apologize” and all the things people used to say that were simply honest about their actions.

I know we can’t fix the world, we can hardly fix our TJ’s sometimes, but I do want to point it that bull is recognized, and good people don’t swallow it, go along with it or reward people for it.
This was brought about by 2 words

Participation trophies!!!!!

Reactions: Claybirdd

I know we can’t fix the world, we can hardly fix our TJ’s sometimes, but I do want to point it that bull is recognized, and good people don’t swallow it, go along with it or reward people for it.
^^this…I tell every new hire, You will royally screw up in your first 6 months. If you tell me on a Tuesday and own it, I will help you dig out of the hole and then buy you beers on Friday. If you wait until the Friday deadline or I have to hear about it from the client, you won’t last another 6 months.

Reactions: John Cooper
^^this…I tell every new hire, You will royally screw up in your first 6 months. If you tell me on a Tuesday and own it, I will help you dig out of the hole and then buy you beers on Friday. If you wait until the Friday deadline or I have to hear about it from the client, you won’t last another 6 months.
I told my bosses pretty much the same thing: "I'm a good worker and a good employee. BUT - I can fuck things up with the best of them. If its minor, you won't hear about it. If its major, I'll come to you first with my best plan on how to deal with it. If its somewhere inbetween, I'll fix it then have a good laugh about it *with* you..."

Amen- don’t you love having a problem and not knowing about it ?

Here is one- a tool breaks. They don’t tell me.
We get on a job. 4-5 guys. Lots of cost.
Tool no workie. No wood gets cut. Now I’m upset, really upset.

Had I been told at the start, I would have said “ok, got it covered, thanks” and got a new tool immediately, sent that one to repair shop and used it for a back up or demo crew,

Underserving a client, missing a scheduled payment point and getting behind schedule is a way bigger deal.

Catch things when they are embryonic.

I have told every employer I have ever worked for, never lie to me, because I will never lie to you. You get one chance with a lie, I can forgive one, tell me another and I am out the door! I also told every person I hired, never lie to me, cause I will never lie to you.
If you mess up or mess something up, come tell me right then, I will do everything to make it right. You tell me days after the fact or I find out after the fact, it's not gonna be good and could be your job.