Do TJs have Bondo on them from the factory?

Justemptyeverypocket

Possible Maniac
Supporting Member
Part on my jeep literally flaked off revealing that there is a massive spot of bondo do jeeps have bondo form the factory? It looks like original paint where it flaked off
20210810_125100.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: suicideking
The more I look at this, the more confused I am. Is that really Bondo? Could somebody actually be that stupid that they would apply a layer of Bondo that sick and that large?

The more I look at this, the more confused I am. Is that really Bondo? Could somebody actually be that stupid that they would apply a layer of Bondo that sick and that large?
It's body filler no doubt..either it wasn't prepped properly or moisture has been getting behind it for a while..to fix this right will take a da sander and sand paper to see how far it goes.

Reactions: Claybirdd and Chris
That’s far from surface rust for sure. Looks like a rust bucket. I hope what you find under there isn’t even worse.

My dear departed Dad bought a brand new Mitsubishi Badged (Chrysler) wagon in the 1980,s and he found a repaired panel that the dealer had repaired due to accidental damage sustained at the dealerships work shop/yard, so it is actually possible to have a new vehicle with a bondo repair! He had no come back on the new car as it was under warrantee and repair was guaranteed to outlast the warrantee.! Dealerships do touch up and repair new cars like it or not.
If yours "was actually a new car repair" then it lasted 24 years so it was a good repair, My dads car was a special order colour so they just repaired the damage.

As a side note: yes they do repair cars or did at the factory! I just remembered I was re cladding a boiler-room chimney at Fords Southampton plant (UK) and they had a body repair section there.

Last edited: