Do you switch out your hardtop for soft top every year?

Do you switch out your hardtop for soft top every year?

• Yes

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

Marc L

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I live in Washington and own both a hard and soft top. My question is who switches them out every fall? If you keep the Soft top on in winter does it stay dry and warm?
Your comments and thoughts are welcomed.
IMG_7534.jpg

I live in Washington and own both a hard and soft top. My question is who switches them out every fall? If you keep the Soft top on in winter does it stay dry and warm?
Your comments and thoughts are welcomed.View attachment 29099
I'm running the same soft top that came on mine from the factory and it isn't too bad to drive in the winter. As soon as this winter is up I'm going to be purchasing a best top replace a top black twill for close to a grand tho. Several forum members on here rcommmend this top, and it seems to be the best of both worlds. I flirted with getting a hard top and decided to nix the idea d/t the fact thy I have no room to store it, and my GF wouldn't like the idea of helping me log the damn thing off everytime we wanted to go topless. Hard top looks awesome, but rag top is the choice for me.

Reactions: Marc L
I only have a soft top so no switching for me...I'm pretty sure like @Starrs its the original factory one...no leaks even in our torrential rain plus it never really gets cold enough to shell out for hard top. ( I carry 4 beanies and 4 pairs of gloves should we get a cold snap...and no I don't wear them all at once haha )

Hard top goes on in October, and back off in April/May. I like the transition. It's like driving something completely different each time I swap. I'll sometimes go no top and run my duster/windjammer combo with a Spidy shade.
Same here. I like the look of the soft top TJ more, and I have run a TJ soft top only through our winter, which is not terribly wintery, not like up north. It does fine, dry and warm. The TJ heater will cook you.

But I also like the winter change with the hard top, the security it provides, the quiet on the highway. But come spring, off it comes and the soft top goes on. I also feel like I gain 15 hp every time I take off the hard top and go soft top for the spring/summer.

My sport rig is always on soft top, my wife's sahara is on hard top because she can not handle putting back the soft top with the door surround PITA velcro clips.

A hardtop is nice to have, if you have the means to take it off plus store it.

When I bought my TJ brand new, it had both the hardtop and soft top. I used the hardtop only in the winter for a few years. But honestly, I prefer the soft top.

When I think Jeep, I think of the following:
1. A bad ass fucking vehicle.
2. A TJ.
3. A bad ass fucking vehicle.
4. Soft top.
5. A TJ.

I always think a Jeep looks better with a soft top. I sold my hardtop years ago because I didn’t have a place to store it. I used the cash to build an AR15. Which has turned into a road bike.

I run both. Can't beat a hard top in the Midwest winter. Thought about running my soft top in the winter but didn't want the soft windows to crack and what not.

I'm sure running a soft top can be just as good as a hardtop, but since I have the hardtop I don't mind switching it out.