Does a 1" body lift require a 1" motor mount lift?

Thanks! How difficult is that to do? Reason want to avoid the MML is because of the difficulty of install. I'm the furthermost thing from mechanically inclined but really want to try to and do the BL install.

No, but IMHO you'd be smart to do both unless you want to deal with the fan shroud.

Thanks! How difficult is that to do? Reason want to avoid the MML is because of the difficulty of install. I'm the furthermost thing from mechanically inclined but really want to try to and do the BL install.

Diifficult to install? It's pretty damn easy. Then again, if you aren't even remotely mechanically inclined, I would say forget it. But if you installed a body lift, you can install a MML.

Reactions: Fonz54
Diifficult to install? It's pretty damn easy. Then again, if you aren't even remotely mechanically inclined, I would say forget it. But if you installed a body lift, you can install a MML.

Thanks for the info and heads up.

Reactions: Chris

A 1" BL will require you to lower the shroud by 1". All you do is remove the 4 bolts holding the shroud to the radiator, drill 4 new holes in it 1" above the current holes and rebolt the shroud to the radiator.

A MML is easy as well. You can make it even easier if your current motor mounts are in good shape by adding 1" JKS MM spacers instead of replacing the entire mounts.

Thanks everyone for the info. The video of the install of the MML with the AC obstruction scared me off. I may reevaluate and give it a go anyway after I check for rust.

Body Lift is definitely easy. The hardest is probably the one puck by the gas tank. Oh wait, I think the hardest thing about my BL was the fuel tank filler hose. Probably took me just as long to do that as to do the BL since I couldn't get the thing to break loose.

Motor Mount lift was not as easy. It also requires jacking the engine up WAY more than I thought (do it from the oil pan).

Jeep is not as fragile as I think it is sometimes. I ultimately figure it out but I am sure I go way slower than others. When it's your first time it can seem daunting, but just get started on it and you'll figure it out.

Thanks everyone for the info. The video of the install of the MML with the AC obstruction scared me off. I may reevaluate and give it a go anyway after I check for rust.
The AC obstruction is easy, there are 3 bolts that hold the motor mount plate to the block loosen them the whole mount will rotate enough to get that bolt out.

Body Lift is definitely easy. The hardest is probably the one puck by the gas tank. Oh wait, I think the hardest thing about my BL was the fuel tank filler hose. Probably took me just as long to do that as to do the BL since I couldn't get the thing to break loose.

Motor Mount lift was not as easy. It also requires jacking the engine up WAY more than I thought (do it from the oil pan).

Jeep is not as fragile as I think it is sometimes. I ultimately figure it out but I am sure I go way slower than others. When it's your first time it can seem daunting, but just get started on it and you'll figure it out.

I would not jack up on the oil pan. I use the trans flange where the block bolts to the trans to lift.

Reactions: pagrey
The AC obstruction is easy, there are 3 bolts that hold the motor mount plate to the block loosen them the whole mount will rotate enough to get that bolt out.

I would not jack up on the oil pan. I use the trans flange where the block bolts to the trans to lift.

I didn't want to either, so YMMV .. but what I experienced (and Brown Dog confirmed via phone) was you need to be more forward with the jack point to get it to line up, which is where I was having trouble.

I used a 2x4 to distribute the load as much as possible.

Reactions: boostedv6