Does Anyone Keep A Maintenance Log?

Hopper

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Since I am starting to do some of my own maintenance on the Jeep. I am wondering the best way to keep track of interval fluid changes, plugs, filters and other on going maintenance. Thinking just write it in a notebook when I do somthing along with product used, current mileage and next service mileage.
How do yall keep track of it all?

I had a notepad, but then I couldn't find it so one turned to two, two to three...

I've since found 2 of the 3 and consolidated into an Excel spreadsheet as well. Works much better, and I can have tabs for mods/expenses, tools/gear, measurements, etc., all in the same file.

I have the file hosted in my OneDrive account so I can view/edit from my phone while in the garage, on the road, etc.

Reactions: Hopper
I use the note pad in my iPhone and it’s been handy since it’s always with me. I also have the habit of tearing off the oil filter box lid, writing the oil change info on it and tacking it to a board in my garage.

Very simple. Mini sized spiral notebook, the kind about the size of your opened hand.. I have one in the glovebox of every vehicle I own, or have owned in the past.

1619403068775.png

Since I am starting to do some of my own maintenance on the Jeep. I am wondering the best way to keep track of interval fluid changes, plugs, filters and other on going maintenance. Thinking just write it in a notebook when I do somthing along with product used, current mileage and next service mileage.
How do yall keep track of it all?
Oil change sticker and look at the other shit.

Reactions: astjp2
T
Very simple. Mini sized spiral notebook, the kind about the size of your opened hand.. I have one in the glovebox of every vehicle I own, or have owned in the past.

View attachment 246865
That’s exactly what I’ve always done. When I sell a vehicle & show the book to a prospective buyer their eyes usually pop wide open as if they can’t believe it. ☺️

T

That’s exactly what I’ve always done. When I sell a vehicle & show the book to a prospective buyer their eyes usually pop wide open as if they can’t believe it. ☺️
After >21 years owning '98 XJ 4.0L who ever purchases the Jeep will receive an extensive file with quite a few receipts and information. Maintaining a log with the history of the vehicle will actually add to the value of the vehicle.

I keep a field notes journal in a leather sleeve with a pen, in the glove box. Anytime I work on the jeep a note with the date and mileage gets made.

Reactions: Blondie70
I've got one on a clipboard hanging in the garage. It's got pages for every vehicle. Usually just list the mileage and date and what was done, maintenance or mod.

Reactions: Blondie70
I keep a fuel consumption/maintenance log for each vehicle I own - kept on a clipboard inside each vehicle with entries handwritten and then periodically updated on the computer.

Here is the first page from the log for my LJ. Maintenance and repairs are detailed in the far right column.

Attachments

• Fuel Consumption and Maintenance Log Sample Page.pdf
    201.9 KB · Views: 107
Spiral notebook with document protectors. write in events, put in receipts and box flaps of small parts...just carrying on what the second owner started..