Does anyone know where I can source the bellhousing to block pins for my 2.5 / AX5?

TJSE2001

Does anyone know where I can source the bellhousing to block pins for my 2.5 / ax-5? One of mine fell to pieces when I tried to remove it for the rebuild I have underway. The mopar part # ( J3241332 ) is discontinued and out of stock everywhere. The ones for the 4.0 are available but not the 2.5L.

What did you figure out as a solution? I'm in the same predicament and can't find them anywhere.
Thanks!
I ended up locating an oem pair with the help of a friendly dealership parts counter person. He was able to track them down to a dealership that had 2 in stock. It took extra effort and knowledge from the parts guy. I had gotten a no from the same place before.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I had the same problem sourcing the 2.5L bell housing dowel pins.
Today as I was cleaning up some of the engine parts before I install the rebuilt motor, I noticed that the broken drivers side motor mount had a loose 3" hollow steel sleeve and after cleaning up the bits of loose rubber still attached, I found that it's just slightly larger then the original dowel pin dimensions.
My neighbor is going to turn it down to the correct diameter on his machinist lathe.

I came back to ask another question, but I ended up machining my own as I am a lathe machinist.
The dimensions that worked best for me a 0.500 drilled through hole with a 0.725" OD and about 0.750 O.A.L.
I have a 1997 2.5L TJ with an Automatic Transmission.
Hope this helps somebody.

Last edited:
I came back to ask another question, but I ended up machining my own as I am a lathe machinist.
The dimensions that worked best for me a 0.500 drilled through hole with a 0.725" OD and about 0.750 O.A.L.
I have a 1997 2.5L TJ with an Automatic Transmission.
Hope this helps somebody.

I will add this to the SE thread in my signature line.

Robbmc was carrying dowel pins that are adjustable, need to check the flat surface and bore, tir is .005 all that is allowed

I got this from Mopar Parts Giant for my AX15. I can't imagine it would be different?

Part No.: J4005148
DOWEL PIN-TRANSMISSION

-Mac

I got this from Mopar Parts Giant for my AX15. I can't imagine it would be different?

Part No.: J4005148
DOWEL PIN-TRANSMISSION

-Mac

I went that direction initially. I bought some and they didn't fit. There's nothing available for a 2.5L to a 30RH.

Screenshot_20230423_195350_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: macleanflood