Does this quote seem fair?

Joe.B

TJ Enthusiast
Got this back this morning didn’t know all this stuff needed to be fixed I’ll have him do the brake line but I’m wondering how hard it is to do the stuff about the axles and if it’s a thing a drive way mechanic could do or is this a fair price and I should have him do it?
79C2F2A5-FBD7-4219-A928-868E7D387D42.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
In my opinion, you're spending $160 in parts and labor for a U-joint replacement. You could probably buy a whole new shaft assembly for $200.

Price seems OK.

I have a question for anyone about the last "NOTE":

Does the risk of the axle seal leaking exist because they don't replace it or is it due to a low quality seal and/or maybe a screw up reinstalling the axle?

Price seems OK.

I have a question for anyone about the last "NOTE":

Does the risk of the axle seal leaking exist because they don't replace it or is it due to a low quality seal and/or maybe a screw up reinstalling the axle?
I was wondering the same thing

well I think I'm going to do the u joints my self it doesn't seem to bad you just pull the wheel caliper and rotor off then un do the boilt and you can just pull the axle out

well I think I'm going to do the u joints my self it doesn't seem to bad you just pull the wheel caliper and rotor off then un do the boilt and you can just pull the axle out
Don't forget the unit bearing. That can be a Bitc# with salt belt vehicles.

The price seems fair to me. Are you going to be in a garage out of the weather or out in your driveway dealing with it. Just drop it off and pick it up. Work will be covered if problems come up I am guessing.

Two of those are special and the average person may not have them.
Obviously the 36mm socket for the axle nut is not commonly owned, but what is the other special tool? The 12pt 13mm socket for the unit bearing bolts?

Obviously the 36mm socket for the axle nut is not commonly owned, but what is the other special tool? The 12pt 13mm socket for the unit bearing bolts?
I already have both of those
The price seems fair to me. Are you going to be in a garage out of the weather or out in your driveway dealing with it. Just drop it off and pick it up. Work will be covered if problems come up I am guessing.
Ill be working in my own garage