Door Hinges

RangerZ21i

I have bent door hinges on the drivers side. The OEMs are expensive and a little hard to find, the aftermarket hinges are reasonable (and SS) but dont have the beveled bolt holes which I assume help align the door. Is this one of those items where I should suck it up and buy OEM ?

IMG_4300.jpgIMG_4301.jpgIMG_4305.jpg

Auto Wreckers, $5 a pair.
Actually, a good hammer big vise and some talented swings would fix that in 15 minutes.

BillyBob here agree's with billiebob right above. Pop the hinge off the door,place paint side down on a piece of 4x4 or even concrete with rag under it(since paint chip maybe isn't a issue) and smack it in the middle a couple times with a good hammer just to take the bow out right there by the screw. In turn that should pull door out a little at bottom and in turn push top of door in tighter.

But there's also the possibility that just the top of the window track is bent outwards and may need to be manually adjusted back some. Simply lower window, put wood block between door and cab to hold door open from closing and just firmly pull or push whichever is easier for you on top front of window frame. Easy though you don't want much. Just couple easy tugs you should be able to tell when it's flexing and if it's flexing in turn it will be bending. Remove wood shut door and check to see if it moved in some. Doesn't take much to move it much.

Keep in mind these old jeeps are being bounced around twisted and everything else so when they get flexed on the trails or rocks all that movement goes throughout entire jeep and not just suspension so everything flexes to a point and can get tweaked. I know some will say that is what the suspension is for. But if that was the case you would have a smooth ride sitting in cab riding down road and not feeling all those seams and potholes in the road jarring your teeth loose.

All in all what you have is a pretty easy fix unless you would just like to spend money to have not much different than what you do now. Just remember that the hinge part on door does have a slight bend outward right by pin which you can see by crease in hinge, leave that there cause if not it'll pull the door out too far and then it won't seal and you'll get air leaks around seal.

9DA94EA9-FC92-412E-82AE-2F7B35773F53.jpeg

Last edited: