Dorman speed bleeders

A buddy and a twelve pack still seem to me to be the best method. Modern mechanical contrivances that remove hops and barley from the process may work, but they suck the soul out of the procedure.

Reactions: LHC30
I modified my Motive Products Power Bleeder by teeing in an 1/8" tank valve:

2020-02-11_203138.jpg

Pros:
Input air introduced above the brake fluid, no aeration.
No more pumping!!

Cons:
Requires compressed air source.
Another port for potential contamination - don't want to be pumping wet, oily, dirty air into the tank.

I've used speed bleeders on motorcycles and the TJ with no issues. It is simply a one way valve that lets the pressurized brake fluid out of the bleeder valve, but does let anything back in after the pressure is released.

There are only 2 issues to watch for: running the reservoir out while pumping the pedal, and loosening the valve too much where it may draw air back through the threads (1/4 turn is normally sufficient to get decent outflow).

I've used speed bleeders on motorcycles and the TJ with no issues. It is simply a one way valve that lets the pressurized brake fluid out of the bleeder valve, but does let anything back in after the pressure is released.

There are only 2 issues to watch for: running the reservoir out while pumping the pedal, and loosening the valve too much where it may draw air back through the threads (1/4 turn is normally sufficient to get decent outflow).

I added speed bleeders when I replaced the brake lines. I plan to add them to my Expedition soon too, as soon as I can verify the sizes. They worked great.

For my '06 TJ Rubicon, I am also looking for the speed bleeder valves. I see that Dorman makes one for the front brakes (ref Dorman p/n 12701). I don't see anything for the rear disc brake bleeder valves. Does anyone have a source for valves for the rear disc brakes. According to my Parts Manual, the front bleeders are OEM p/n J3203313 and the rear bleeders are 05179732AA (post 10/2005) or J0920463 (pre 10/2005).

instead of buying an expensive bleeder, buy a paint pot from harbor freight and convert it over to brake fluid with new hoses.

For my '06 TJ Rubicon, I am also looking for the speed bleeder valves. I see that Dorman makes one for the front brakes (ref Dorman p/n 12701). I don't see anything for the rear disc brake bleeder valves. Does anyone have a source for valves for the rear disc brakes. According to my Parts Manual, the front bleeders are OEM p/n J3203313 and the rear bleeders are 05179732AA (post 10/2005) or J0920463 (pre 10/2005).

I don't know about the Dorman P/N, but speedbleeders list the part number as SB3824 which is the same as the fronts...