Drag link loose at pitman arm

WallyWest

TJ Addict
I've been chasing vibrations at freeway speeds for a while now. Have done a bunch of suspension work, which has helped the ride a lot, but never got rid of that issue.

Then I rotated the tires, which also didn't cure it but it was noticeably different. So great, I thought, must be tire balance.

Took it to a guy I trust, who said that all four tires were not right. He balanced them, but while it was on the lift he noticed the drag link to pitman arm connection was a bit loose.

After balancing I took it on the interstate again, and while it might be a tad better the vibration is still there.

So next I'm going to look at the top of the drag link. I don't feel a big dead zone in the steering wheel at center, so it can't be that bad. But I suppose if it's loose enough to allow a bit of wiggle in the steering that could cause the vibes I'm getting.

Anyway, what brand is the go to for the pitman arm tie rod? And should I just replace the whole thing with the ZJ upgrade? I'm not going to be doing any serious wheeling, but hey, stronger components seem like a decent plan in any case.

Go with Moog. The drag link on a TJ is the same as the ZJ 1 ton link. Look up both. 1 may be priced cheaper if they were given different part numbers.
That dead spot in the steering is from either the gearbox or raglinks wearing. Not from a sloppy draglink.