Arizona DRB3 in Phoenix area

Good Hope

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Looking to replace my OPDA soon and have read everything I can find on this site, and others, about how to go about it. Many seem to recommend finding someone with a DRB3 to dial in the timing and many others just follow a procedure of pinning the "dial" and calling it good if the engine runs. I would like the option of using a DRB, if possible.

Has anyone had the OPDA replaced using a DRB? Does anyone have a DRB and know how to use it? A recommended mechanic that has the proper equipment?

Can't give you anything from personal experience as I haven't had to address that yet (fortunately).

There are a handful of shops here that specialize in our jeeps. I see you're in Peoria. I know Wulf offroad has a good reputation on that side of town. Here on the east side, Letzroll is highly regarded. You may try calling them first.

Tagging in a couple other members in the Phoenix area to see if they may be able to help more.

@PurpleTJAZ @RINC

Can't give you anything from personal experience as I haven't had to address that yet (fortunately).

There are a handful of shops here that specialize in our jeeps. I see you're in Peoria. I know Wulf offroad has a good reputation on that side of town. Here on the east side, Letzroll is highly regarded. You may try calling them first.

Tagging in a couple other members in the Phoenix area to see if they may be able to help more.

@PurpleTJAZ @RINC

Check Absolute Offroad on Rose Garden just east of I-17.

Not a bridge I have had to cross. But I agree with @RINC ,try Jason at Absolute. Always my first choice for Jeep technical info in the Phoenix area.

$300 in gas for me. I have no idea what a shop would charge but the drive takes me by some fun stuff. I'm no expert but I've done it before. I'm not a shop or traveling mechanic, just a Jeeper.

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Thanks everyone. This was more of a preventative maintenance issue for me rather than an urgent need. I will give a couple of the recommended shops a call and see if they can help. Or I may just go for it and call if it doesn't work out.