Driveline Question

JMT

Just another auto...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
With everyone obsessing the last few weeks about their rake, it got me wondering. I have the 2.5” OME, but after a front bumper and winch the front went down some. Am I right in thinking that if the front drops and the rear stays the same, the driveline angle at the TCase yoke gets worse? And adding a 0.5” spacer up front would correct it?

Don't think 0.5" is going to affect the angles much. If you're looking to just level out the jeep for asthetics, then that should do it.

Reactions: JMT
Don't think 0.5" is going to affect the angles much. If you're looking to just level out the jeep for asthetics, then that should do it.
Really I was just wondering the drive line effect. Might not be much, but as the front lowers relative to the rear, does it raise the TCase output slightly?

Really I was just wondering the drive line effect. Might not be much, but as the front lowers relative to the rear, does it raise the TCase output slightly?

One way to find out. Put an angle finder on the drive line and jack the front end up and measure the difference.

Reactions: JMT
I honestly do not think the suspension drop in the from due to heavy bumper and winch is affecting the angle of the rear output shaft. I think where the pivot occurs is the rear tires the selves in reference tot he ground. hopefully made sense with that statement lol

It will only affect the angle of the front driveshaft. As the front lowers the drop is seen in the angle on the frame in reference to the ground therefore the pivot point will only be where the rear tires touch the ground.

Reactions: KCsTJ and JMT