Driver’s fender and flare replacement ideas

Idaho Jeeping Girl

I would like some opinions on what you would do or what did you do. 97 TJ and I’m never going to do big tires or rock crawling. We do logging roads and Jeep trails. The front drivers fender has rusted through (it’s the only rust), the flares are garbage. I’m considering replacing the fender but leaning towards doing front tube fenders. All pros and cons with the brand suggestions would be awesome. I’ve attached pictures of the rust.

Thanks in advance!

5109B616-1635-46B6-A5E6-D48BD5346710.jpeg

175B3B4A-8F45-40AE-8FE1-3262DB5A19D7.jpeg

It sounds like you are after looks and not concerned with more clearance so any of the cheaper tube fenders will work fine..just know you won't gain any clearance but it would get rid of the rusty fenders and junk flares all at once.

little more work than just swappin fenders. there is the inner fender to salvage or replace as well.

It sounds like you are after looks and not concerned with more clearance so any of the cheaper tube fenders will work fine..just know you won't gain any clearance but it would get rid of the rusty fenders and junk flares all at once.
Correct, thanks

i like the way your Jeep looks with them. Did you salvage inner fender?
that pic is actually stock fenders cut for a high line fit with gen-right high line inner fenders.
since then the stock fenders have given to the same cancer yours have and have also now been replaced.

the inner fender was the part i didn't want. that oddly shaped, dirty looking dome.

Last edited:
You could browse car-part.com for local salvage yards in your area that might have a match. Prices vary allot so I don't have a clue what they are in your area. If you like the look of tube fenders then go for it, definitely easier. I like the look of stock fenders but I ain't you.

Reactions: Idaho Jeeping Girl