Driver Down Seat Cover Thoughts

Watcher412

Just picked up these covers from Diver Down (Quadratec) and thought I’d post. Pretty easy to put on. The rear seat cover fits much better than the front. I’d call the rear “perfect.” As long as your careful the straps underneath to tighten work well. Two things I noticed: the material is actually thicker than I anticipated which is cool but incredibly hard to get between the front seatbelts and seat. The Velcro is also very strong and catches on the felt on the seat your covering so there were a few “WTF!!!!!!!” moments. Also, I got “tan” with black but friends it ain’t tan. It’s lighter than that. Think sand. Anyway if anyone was looking at em, that’s my 2 cents.

B228E941-956F-4E44-B6D5-08E47108CA31.jpeg

Yes, it's neoprene. It's a wet suit for your seats. :D
As one with many high quality (usually Rubatex) neoprene wet suits in my background, it's the last material I'd choose for seat covers. Neoprene is not waterproof and as such it actually soaks up moisture if not wiped after it gets wet.

When I was diving (a LOT) it would take days for my wet suits to dry out. Before long it soaks up our perspiration and it starts to smell. It also gives what has become known as "swamp butt" due to it trapping moisture.

There are a lot of seat covers for a cost equal to or less than neoprene that won't give you swamp-butt or start to smell. Not to mention the colored nylon covers on them fade pretty quickly if they see much sun. Black turns purple, red turns pink, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: flyinfish
As one with many (!) high quality neoprene (Rubatex usually) wet suits in my background, it's the last material I'd choose for seat covers. Neoprene is not waterproof and as such it actually soaks up moisture. When I was diving (a LOT) it would take days for my wet suits to dry out. Before long it soaks up our perspiration and it starts to smell. It also gives what has become known as "swamp butt" due to it trapping moisture.

There are a lot of seat covers for a cost equal to or less than neoprene that won't give you swamp-butt or start to smell. Not to mention the colored nylon covers on them fade. Black turns purple, red turns pink, etc.
Swamp-Butt.... Hilarious and the first time I've heard the term.

I agree, the purpose of the wet suit is to trap a layer of water between you and the wet suit that warms up. I prefer a dry suit, especially when diving in colder waters.

Swamp-Butt. That will be stuck in my head now Thx Jerry! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Swamp-Butt.... Hilarious and the first time I've heard the term.

I agree, the purpose of the wet suit is to trap a layer of water between you and the wet suit that warms up. I prefer a dry suit, especially when diving in colder waters.

Swamp-Butt. That will be stuck in my head now Thx Jerry! :ROFLMAO:
Haha. They won’t see rain. If they start to stink I’ll have to toss em. For now they look pretty nice and I liked the black/tan-sand scheme.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I have some for the back seat of my JLUR and like them. It saves the seats from my dogs when they ride back there. I also have a set for my TJ that the PO included. So far I've only put the one on the passenger seat base for when I only have one dog with me. I like them.... they're reasonably priced, fit very well, and are machine washable.