Driver seat creaks

bobthetj03

Daily driver
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
It's been making noise for a while now, mostly when I'm driving or shifting my fat arse in the seat. If I adjust it forward, then back a bit, it quiets down for a while. Any suggestions? I'll be installing some new seat covers and a new lock box soon, so I'll have the seats out.

Google "tj replacement seat bushings", fixed my wobbly and creaking seats. Not sure if allowed to post direct links or I would have. I used the StableSeat one's.
Good luck

My seats used to creak too. Like ShortyDog said, the stableseat bushings fixed it.

Stable seat bushings are usually for a wobble, not a creak. Maybe they'll help.

I've gone through a couple sets of those bushings.
Replaced for free, but they keep cracking and falling off.
Same here.

I've heard of similar issues on the Stable Seat Bushings. Good product -> durability in question.

I had the same issue that the Stable Seat solves. I picked up 5/8" x 1/4" x 3/8" Nylon Spacers from the local Lowe's. Drilled them to fit the roller shaft and then cut them to the short length needed with an angle grinder (definitely better tools for the job...)

Haven't had any issues since.

It's been making noise for a while now, mostly when I'm driving or shifting my fat arse in the seat. If I adjust it forward, then back a bit, it quiets down for a while. Any suggestions? I'll be installing some new seat covers and a new lock box soon, so I'll have the seats out.
Stableseat. Works great.

Stable seat bushings are usually for a wobble, not a creak. Maybe they'll help.

I've gone through a couple sets of those bushings.
Replaced for free, but they keep cracking and falling off.
When I talked to the owner of stable seat, he said he had changed the material the bushing is made of, so it should be more durable. So far so good (1 year later).

Reactions: FarFire70