Driving light recommendations

egclassic

TJ Enthusiast
I need (want) to replace the original bumper mounted driving lights on my TJ.
I bought a set of the Hella 500 Black Magic lights and they came today. I went to mount them and the T-nut that secures the mount to the bumper completely snapped in two, and it wasn't even tight yet. I threw it back in the box and sent back to Amazon. I could have fixed it using another bolt, but screw it, I sent them back.
Anybody here have something they like? I'd like to keep it about $100/set and I don't really want an LED light bar.

It depends on what you're looking for. The factory lights are fog lights. I have Hella 550 fog lights, but I suspect that you don't want Hella's.
If you want a driving light, Rampage has a nice set.
When I replaced my original LED set up, I bought a pair of the Rampage lights,(55 watt H-3), and a pair of 100 watt spots. I replaced the 100 watt spots with another pair of the Rampage lights.
My headlights are the Bus Depot H-4 conversions with 100/90 watt bulbs, and the 55 watt Rampage lights keep up with them nicely. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E8EVF8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

It depends on what you're looking for. The factory lights are fog lights. I have Hella 550 fog lights, but I suspect that you don't want Hella's.
If you want a driving light, Rampage has a nice set.
When I replaced my original LED set up, I bought a pair of the Rampage lights,(55 watt H-3), and a pair of 100 watt spots. I replaced the 100 watt spots with another pair of the Rampage lights.
My headlights are the Bus Depot H-4 conversions with 100/90 watt bulbs, and the 55 watt Rampage lights keep up with them nicely. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E8EVF8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I wanted to like the Hella Black magics, but they seem so cheaply made.
I will take a look at the rampage's, thanks.

Hella is good match and practical for TJs.

Anything too fancy does not match with it's simplicity.
Not looking for fancy, just something of decent quality without breaking the bank and the Hella's weren't it. Maybe I got a defective pair, I don't know but they are on their way back. May go with the rampages and upgrade the bulb, seems like a good fit.