Driving music

02SteelBlue

TJ Enthusiast
Hopefully this can be a "no one gets ribbed too hard" thread. Although, if Justin Bieber is your thing, expect some ribbing.

What are your tunes of choice when in the TJ/ LJ?

I'm not normally a big country music listener, but I tell you, theres something about Kenney Chesney and the top down that just works!

So let's hear it! What do you cruise to?

Here’s my current playlist.

BEF83A0B-AC33-4A2E-AE4A-4D23D4036D20.png

My musical tastes go from one extreme to another but I'm a long-term fan of the Traveling Wilburys. Pumps me up and the musicianship/music from that august group is incredible. And I'm so old I'm still a huge Rolling Stones fan. They're my band of choice to "Start Me Up" nearing the end of a long tough trail.

Then again I might just be playing Moonlight Sonata during a slow tough rock crawling trail. It just seems so fitting. 🤣

Albert King, B.B. King, Freddie King, SRV, Matt Schofield, Brandon Santini, Willie Buck, Rockin' Johnny, Jimmy Thackery, Gary Hoey, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Albert Collins, Lloyd Jones, Buddy Guy, Junior Wells, Joe Bonamassa, Robben Ford, Ana Popovic, Larry Carlton, Wes Montgomery, Kenny Burrel, Joe Pass, Soulive, Chris Standring, and many more.

If it's good blues or jazz, it's on my playlist.

I'm also into good classic rock such as The Allman Brothers, Santana, Steely Dan, and others.

Man, great groups mentioned! Travelling Wilburys, SRV and Double Trouble, Buddy Guy, Rolling Stones...

@Chris you may be interested in Susan Tedeschi, and her husband that plays a mean slide guitar.

Derek Trucks is her husband, right? If so, I'm very familiar with him indeed.

Ana Popovic plays some seriously mean slide guitar too. Probably one of the best blues singers (and guitar players) I've ever found, and she's a female (rare in the blues scene).

Derek Trucks is her husband, right? If so, I'm very familiar with him indeed.

Ana Popovic plays some seriously mean slide guitar too. Probably one of the best blues singers (and guitar players) I've ever found, and she's a female (rare in the blues scene).
Derek Trucks is indeed. I'll have to give Ana Popovic a listen...never heard of her.

Reactions: RussTJ and Chris
I really love outlaw country. The bad boys. Waylon, Willie, Hank, Jr., George jones, whatever. Also Disturbed, avenged sevenfold, moussorgsky, wagner, George Clinton, Funkadelic, Rodrigo y Gabriela, jesse cook, ottmar leibert, anything punk like greenday, authority zero. Linkin Park, nirvana, foo fighters. Favorite band is definitely red hot chili peppers just barely ahead of rush. I'm all over the place, but if your music makes me feel your pain or any emotions you win.

Of course some music is just fun.

Reactions: DrDmoney
News Boys, Tobymac, Michal W Smith, Group one crew, Joel Olsteen, Anything: Pop, Caribbean, Country, Classic Rock, Blues. So yeah I also have a wide taste.

I have never been a music trivia type, I just listen to what is on but I always have something on.

Reactions: Locky
I listen to classic rock, classic country, rock, new country, like Zeppelin, Hagar, Johnny Cash, Waylon, Five Finger Death Punch, Red Light King, and just about anything Country or Rock.

Reactions: MikeM
In the 80s I was listening to classic rock and metal and I stayed away from any country music. Then in the 90s grunge came out which I added to my list, and pop country which made me realize how much good country music I missed that came from the 80s and earlier which I also added to my list. The good older stuff, not the pop country crap that really should be flushed.

Reactions: JMT and dudehitt
My radio doesn't pull in the local rock stations for shit. I have one CD in the Jeep that I grabbed randomly to test the CD player. It happens to be a mix CD of my favorite Metallica songs, works for me. :)🤘

But I like a bunch of other stuff, old country like Merle, Jones, Willie, Marty Robbins, etc., Blues(old Mississippi blues), some R&B and funk. Trying to get into Jazz but having a hard time.

I have a bag of odds and ends in my collection...
Steve Millar band, ZZ Top, The Who, Foo fighters, The Stones, Bob Marley, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Jamiroquai , Basement Jaxx and some Fat Freddys Drop. (Kiwi band)
Depends on how I'm driving and how I feel.....