Dumb spring swap questions

Got the front springs done - thanx to you guys' excellent advice and hand holding. Little problem other than getting the bolt head & washer from the LCA to drop into the "centering slot" or whatever its called. Had to massage it by moving the Jeep about on the driveway. Passenger side dropped in pretty quick, driver's side fought me a bit.

View attachment 382577

View attachment 382557

View attachment 382558

View attachment 382559

Did that yield you 1 1/4" of lift?

I'll just leave it to the pros. I have lifetime alignment at Firestone.

Could have it done yourself quicker than waiting at Firestone and then you dont have to worry about them breaking something else to scam you out of more money. And know it's done right. They don't make a profit by giving away lifetime free alignments...remember that

I have no idea why they printed them like that. Just a quirk of these springs, I guess.
View attachment 381305

I didn't really follow the advice of the folks in this thread. I bought a set of spring compressors at Harbor Freight. I've used them a few times now and have never had a problem with them. It is safer to do it without compressors though, so you'd probably be wise to listen to the guys that are smarter than me.

To remove my Currie springs, I disconnected the sway bar, front DS, and front CAs for each side and still had to use spring compressors to get them out (it was not a good time).

Note: This was partially due to my axle placement not being set up correctly by the previous installer.

I'd like to think that disconnecting the SB and DS would be enough for you @Zorba . If that's not enough, I'd like to think that dropping the front CAs would be more than enough to get the job done (and likely overkill).

Edit: late to the party with this post sorry about that

To remove my Currie springs, I disconnected the sway bar, front DS, and front CAs for each side and still had to use spring compressors to get them out (it was not a good time).

Note: This was partially due to my axle placement not being set up correctly by the previous installer.

I'd like to think that disconnecting the SB and DS would be enough for you @Zorba . If that's not enough, I'd like to think that dropping the front CAs would be more than enough to get the job done (and likely overkill).

Edit: late to the party with this post sorry about that

Same. I'm like 1/2-3/4" away from getting them out without a compressor or disconnecting an LCA. Not enough to be overly worried about the stored energy if it pops loose or to go to the trouble of taking more material out of the lower shock mount.

Reactions: MikeE024
Even if the whole camera was made of uranium, it wouldn't be that heavy. It must have a little neutronium in it. ;)

Reactions: Zorba
Rear springs:
53d.jpg

544.jpg

546.jpg