Dumb transmission fill question

Alemonkey

Probably a stupid question, but do I need to make sure the Jeep is completely level before filling the tranny (AX15) and transfer case (NP231)? I have the front end up about 4" on jack stands to replace the entire exhaust, and I figured while I'm under there I'll go ahead and change fluids also. Is it best to set it back down on the ground before filling so I can make sure the fill level is correct? or is that not going to make a enough of a difference to worry about it?

Probably a stupid question, but do I need to make sure the Jeep is completely level before filling the tranny (AX15) and transfer case (NP231)? I have the front end up about 4" on jack stands to replace the entire exhaust, and I figured while I'm under there I'll go ahead and change fluids also. Is it best to set it back down on the ground before filling so I can make sure the fill level is correct? or is that not going to make a enough of a difference to worry about it?
Ideally yes. If it’s tilted, the reading on the dipstick and the fill level on the transfer case are going to be off. That said, how much they’re off is going to depend on how much the car is tilted, and it’s unlikely +/- 100mL is going to make a significant difference.

Yea, in a perfect world all should be level, but that small amount of angle should be no worse than my driveway is when I change fluids. If you are worried about it then after you are done with the exaust project just check them when back on level ground.