Duratrac LT285/75R16E

CounterEMF

Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Can I run these at 40psi safely and without doing any damage? (They say 80psi max.) I would like to sacrifice some load range for some comfort.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I have the same size tire, it is most likely a load range E. as in it will meet the load cap of an f350 or something of that sort, I keep mine at 30psi since stock it came with 4 or 6 ply tires or load range C. since the 285 TIRE size is a much heavier duty tire, it can easily be ran at a much lower pressure since it is only carrying a fraction of its designated capacity. if you do alot highway driving then 40psi would be ample and give you a slight gain in MPG. BUT AS YOU said, I'll take comfort over MPG.

Reactions: CounterEMF
I ran my Duratracs at 26 psi. Anything over 28 psi and you're going to be riding like the Flinstones on rocks for tires.

with 10 ply tires on something as light as a jeep, I feel you could safely run 15-20 psi daily and w ouldnt even be able to tell from looking at the tire itself. I run mine at 30 just becuase it helps maintain even wear on the tires themselves while maintaining good tread contact to the road plus if I drive it to work I have about 30 miles of freeway each way, so I have a skoash of fuel savings. when I installed the lift pucks I changed the shocks to "mountain riders" a soft riding shock and it rides relatively smooth.