EAG safari door removal

TJTurley

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Any idea "how to" get these bolts off?
B7795E79-BA6B-413B-AE77-F697083B22A5.jpeg

Yea I have the thise also and I don't think pliders will work to well. They will just spin, might try calling McGard

Reactions: TJTurley
On second thought these don't look like McGard locks, if you look at the picture LJ posted the lock part is recessed. Where in the OP picture the load part looks exposed 🤔

Reactions: Vasq
On second thought these don't look like McGard locks, if you look at the picture LJ posted the lock part is recessed. Where in the OP picture the load part looks exposed 🤔
It's possible they're some knockoff but I have the McGard locks and they do slide inside the outer barrel like that.

Last edited:
yeah, it looks like you could get pliers on the "key'd" part of that one and get it off. Mcguards are really hard to get off without the key.

I am now thinking the perspective in the OP's pic is not what we're used to seeing and those are McGards. I tried to find another brand that was close and came up empty, only McGard had that type of locking pattern.

Thank you for the input. I ordered the Mcgard via amazon and the pattern wasn't what i needed, but I was able to get them off with the socket set. I'm sure the Mcgard socket will show up at some point when i'm not looking for it.

29EC14E7-FDF4-4455-9BE6-CF8BF633CFDB.jpeg

Reactions: John Cooper and L J