Colorado Easy trails near Estes Park and Denver, Colorado

mb1173

Hey
Im planning a 10 day trip to colorado near the end of may. We have a stock JL rental for the entire trip. Im looking for easy trails that will offer great scenic views near estes park, brenkenridge, or denver.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey
Im planning a 10 day trip to colorado near the end of may. We have a stock JL rental for the entire trip. Im looking for easy trails that will offer great scenic views near estes park, brenkenridge, or denver.

Any advice would be appreciated.
You're going to likely be cutting it close with snow for anything near Breckenridge. But Estes and Denver are looking pretty good.

Estes:
* Panorama Peak
* Old Fall River Road
* Pierson Park (I think North is the better drive)
* Solitude Creek

Denver:
* I think there's some easy/scenic stuff near Idaho Springs
* You can drive Lookout Mountain for some good views, paved.
* If you want to drive down to the Springs there's Pike's Peak (they just redid the top) - also all paved but pretty cool.

Summit County (Breckenridge) - likely blocked by snow, but in the case it's not:
* Saints John
* Red Cone (or the lower part, Webster Pass)
* Boreas Pass
* Peak 10 (you can drive up to the summit of the ski resort)
* Mount Baldy

Reactions: Vasq and DrDmoney
Purchase a Gazetteer. Most trails, and or county roads are marked. Lots of cool drives.

Kelly flats is a fun one off of Hwy 14. There are bypasses for the challenging parts.

Rollins Pass used to be a fun drive from east to west, but I read on Alltrails that some of the trail is now closed. I haven’t been up there for 50 years so much has probably changed. They only mention 11.7 miles from the Western side.

I did Argentine Pass near Idaho Springs last year and it should be doable in a stock Jeep, assuming the snow is cleared. I did a few miles of Red Cone also and wouldn’t recommend it for a stock Jeep.