Electrical/light question

lovemachine

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So I'm going to be upgrading to some LED headlights soon. I'm leaning towards the Truck-Lite brand, but not sure just yet.

Anyway, I had replaced my stock fog lights with the direct replacement KC Hi-Lites fog lights.
If I upgrade to LED headlights, I'd like to upgrade my fog lights to LED as well, just so they'd match LOL.

I'd like to retain the factory switch, in the turn signal. The KC LED fog lights I was looking at come with their own switch, and have a fuse built into their harness. Is there a way to wire them into my current factory switch?

Don't use the KC harness, connect the KC fog lights where the OE fog lights connected. If you connect them to the OE fog light wiring, which also makes use of a relay, to the correct side of the KC LED fog lights they should work fine with the OE fog switch. Find someone who isn't an "electrical dumbass" to help you if that didn't make enough sense. :D

Last edited:
Let's pretend I'm an electrical dumbass. What does that mean exactly? LOL
I am in the same category. My 2005 TJ has fog light plugs under the fenders. I was hoping to find a "plug & play" option like the LED headlights I purchased...
89f644e2e460cc41e9ab01a9444d4769.jpg

I am in the same category. My 2005 TJ has fog light plugs under the fenders. I was hoping to find a "plug & play" option like the LED headlights I purchased...
View attachment 15770
Did your TJ come with factory fog lights?
I think all TJ's have the plugs under the fender for fog lights even if they don't have the switch built into the factory light switch.
Mine did and it does not have factory fog lights.

Did your TJ come with factory fog lights?
I think all TJ's have the plugs under the fender for fog lights even if they don't have the switch built into the factory light switch.
Mine did and it does not have factory fog lights.
Good question. Where is the switch?
[emoji15]

2005. Unfortunately I just took off for the weekend. I will check when I get back. Don't remember it pulling out though...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jerry Bransford