Engine Code P2096

304Jeeper

My check engine light has came on about 3 weeks ago and has been going off and coming back on every couple hundred miles or so and the code that comes up is p2096. I can’t notice any difference in the performance in the Jeep and don’t hear anything out of the ordinary. I have read that this code can come up for numerous reasons and am unsure of where to start to try and diagnose the issue. Any ideas or tips would be helpful.

9A7338A9-16EE-4EFA-8AAF-95F0EE308FF9.jpeg

I’ve got the same code. Let’s see if someone can start a helpful diagnosis sequence. Did you sort yours out? I’ve got all new O2 sensors, cleaned my injectors.

Clogged or broken up catalytic converter?
Definitely could be. Somehow that downstream O2 sensor is detecting more O2 than it should.

Definitely could be. Somehow that downstream O2 sensor is detecting more O2 than it should.
Maybe try installing a spark plug defouler downstream and then install the down stream into the defouler. I did this on a different vehicle and i never got a code for a bad cat ever again.

This is for when the cat no longer splits the atoms (obviously won’t solve a clogged cat).

My check engine light has came on about 3 weeks ago and has been going off and coming back on every couple hundred miles or so and the code that comes up is p2096. I can’t notice any difference in the performance in the Jeep and don’t hear anything out of the ordinary. I have read that this code can come up for numerous reasons and am unsure of where to start to try and diagnose the issue. Any ideas or tips would be helpful.

View attachment 313753

Did you end up solving this? I had it happen to me as well. Blaine told me about a TSB which I located and confirmed my rig needs a wiring repair in the PDC. I’m out of state again until end of May so I’ll have to do it later. My engine is running super rich bc it thinks the system is lean.