Engine cutting out on curve

Huckster

TJ Enthusiast
My 2006 4.0 is cutting out ...sometimes...usually on a curve, push the clutch in and it catches and keeps on with nary another hiccup. Bucks like a bronco. I have ran Chevron fuel additive and BG fuel additive through successive tanks of non ethanol gas. Still did it his morning. Then it goes on like nothing happened. Does it hot or cold. Maybe the fuel pump/filter in the tank?

Sounds like it may be a leak on the suction side of your fuel system. Fill the tank up and see if the problem goes away.

Last edited:
The check engine light came on as the assumed fuel interruption happened. Briefly for maybe 2 seconds total. And I filled the tank with non-ethanol fuel. Engine hiccup still happening even as i pull away from a stop light. Very annoying and somewhat dangerous. And thanks

Now the the check engine light has come on, check for codes.

Thanks. The only code ever thrown was for tps after I let it unplugged. So I fugured out why the stuttering as accelerating .. spark plugs. This YJ was a recent purchase and I had not done a tune up. I pulled the coil pack off and the #1 plug NGK was worn out ..gap was about 80 not 35. Ow! All of them were like that. Replaced with new Champions 7034 and running like a champ. Thanks

Reactions: Equilibrium31
Thanks. The only code ever thrown was for tps after I let it unplugged. So I fugured out why the stuttering as accelerating .. spark plugs. This YJ was a recent purchase and I had not done a tune up. I pulled the coil pack off and the #1 plug NGK was worn out ..gap was about 80 not 35. Ow! All of them were like that. Replaced with new Champions 7034 and running like a champ. Thanks
Sometimes we overlook the basic fundamentals of driving/owning an iconic rig. I say this because we love simple rigs... who could have thought that it is just the spark plugs ? :)