Engine mounting bolts broke in block

Leahatrill

TJ Enthusiast
Has anyone ever experienced this before?

C2CAC77B-7241-4972-A38E-393FA72E72C8.jpeg

B830097B-D6B1-4FE6-89BD-8A142FB0FD82.jpeg

DB90BF22-E4EA-4D95-A942-3C27F62AAF09.jpeg

Lord girl , just when I thought no Canadian had more problems than Justin Bieber...you come up with another one .

Before you go the drill and tap route , go ahead and soak them in a good penetrant like Kroil , maybe that and a left handed drill bit and ease out will break the free , they aren't under tension likely .

Good luck ....again. At least you aren't afraid to go for it .

The women on this forum are usually amazing .

Lord girl , just when I thought no Canadian had more problems than Justin Bieber...you come up with another one .

Before you go the drill and tap route , go ahead and soak them in a good penetrant like Kroil , maybe that and a left handed drill bit and ease out will break the free , they aren't under tension likely .

HAHHAA

Whether that's the original engine or one that's been replaced, whoever put those bolts in overtightened them.

Hopefully this works to fix it:

You officially have the most problematic TJ that’s ever graced this forum, I must say. Kudos to you for trying to sort it all out.

Reactions: Apparition
[QUOTE="AndyG,
[/QUOTE]

I won't disagree with that statement at all. Just don't forget this is the same person that repeatedly made comments about the men on the forum and how she views herself as more knowledgeable than most middle aged men. Gender doesnt mean a thing to me, but it's why I've kept my mouth shut on her multiple other threads. we're all here for some TJ love. Tread lightly before the tune changes and you're getting accused of throwing out useless info that could actually help.
PS: @AndyG you are one the special ones here and your comments are normally lighthearted and make me laugh. This is in no way an attack on you

You officially have the most problematic TJ that’s ever graced this forum, I must say. Kudos to you for trying to sort it all out.

im just thankful I can laugh about it at this point and get some help from some of you fine men with experience from this forum. This forum has helped since I joined. I respect the men who show knowledge 100%.

Here is my overall view...

Life is hard at times .

We are all here on this spinning ball of mud to help each other.

I know my antics are probably getting old , but this is a fun place to cut up , have a laugh, learn and share. Plus my wife can't smack me. Boy she's tired of my craziness after 26 years .

Here is my overall view...

Life is hard at times .

We are all here on this spinning ball of mud to help each other.

I know my antics are probably getting old , but this is a fun place to cut up , have a laugh, learn and share. Plus my wife can't smack me. Boy she's tired of my craziness after 26 years .
My girl said the only way she’ll marry me is if we put the Jeep in her name....then I’ll never be able to leave 😂 I enjoy your antics so much man, please never stop. @Leahatrill We’re here to help as much as we can :)

And a friendly reminder, if anyone on here doesn’t like one another, just press the ignore button. If you do that, you’ll never see a single thing from them ever again, nor will they see a single thing from you. It works exactly like the block function on Facebook.

And a friendly reminder, if anyone on here doesn’t like one another, just press the ignore button. If you do that, you’ll never see a single thing from them ever again, nor will they see a single thing from you. It works exactly like the block function on Facebook.
There goes my TJ forum life .....

Thank goodness for that. Have so many Joe Schmos taking offence to such small things and bringing it up and trying to create drama. No thanks. Just here for technical support and potentially some laughs lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Blondie70
There goes my TJ forum life .....

Hey, if you ever wonder what happened to someone... chances are, they may have blocked you :ROFLMAO:

Thank goodness for that. Have so many Joe Schmos taking offence to such small things and bringing it up and trying to create drama. No thanks. Just here for technical help and potentially some laughs lol

Yep, works like a charm. (y)

There's actually a lot of laughs here I've found. Sometimes it requires thick skin, but as long as people don't take things too seriously, it's all in good nature.

I quote Warren Miller, "Don't take life too seriously, because you can't get out of it alive.".

There appears to be a 1/4 inch or maybe 3/16 inch plate between the mount and the engine block. I am not where I can look at the parts manual right now but I don’t recall seeing that before. Is that a standard part?

Reactions: Leahatrill